❰ 4 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Okay, but you have to admit that even the word 'Trigonometry' is pretty useless," I pointed out. Bram and I had finished our homework and had been talking for a while. I looked at my clock it had been two hours since Bram had first arrived at my house and it had felt like ten minutes. Bram laughed at my realization and nodded.

"True, I mean can we like just call it MATH: but it's harder than ever?" Bram picked up his pencil to write something down on his paper and nodded at it. I laughed. I got up to stretch and get away from my desk. I joined Bram at where he was sitting and smiled. He smiled back at me, planting a kiss on my lips.

"So you're a Hamilfan?" Bram teased, I blushed looking at the Playbill that was pinned on my wall. It was one of the newest things that I had put on my wall, "I saw Hamilton when it first came out and I was hooked. Seriously, you get involved with one obsession and it like, spreads. Once I listened to the Hamilton album I couldn't stop," I told Bram. He nodded.

"I've never listened to it before," he admitted, I gasped and got up from the bed to get my phone. I started streaming the album. We sat there in silence listening to the entirety of the Hamilton album for a whole 2 hours and 22 minutes. When it was over, I looked at Bram with hopeful eyes. "Okay, but that's like really good," he whispered.

"Right!?" I screeched. Hamilton was amazing, not only did it have people who sang like angels but it didn't hurt that the original cast also looked like angels. I leaned over to Bram so my head was on his shoulder. He reached for my hand, and we stayed like that until my mom called us down for dinner. I didn't want dinner to come. After dinner, Bram would have to leave. I would have to say goodbye.

Great, now I'm a clingy boyfriend.

I sat through dinner, with my mom, dad, Norah, and Bram. It was kinda weird but kinda cool. My dad brought up some talk about a soccer player and he and Bram started talking about that. I guess I must have looked confused because my dad started laughing when he looked at me. "It's Ronaldo," which was supposed to clear up the confusion but meant nothing to me. I sat in silence listening to Norah talk about a new blender that was out on the market, with my mom talking about all the money she spent on new kitchen appliances was crazy, when it could be going to fund our college careers.

That brought up the subject of college.

"So Bram," my dad started, "where are you applying to college?" I instantly felt like a horrible boyfriend. I hadn't even asked Bram that yet, but he just smiled and started listing off colleges that were cheap and in the area.

"Unless I get some sort of soccer scholarship --" he stopped talking like there was no way that would ever happen. I felt a flash of worry. Did Bram not think highly of his soccer playing skills? I had watched Bram play, every time I was dragged to see Nick play I always noticed Bram. But now when I went to soccer games, I watched Bram.

"You could so get a scholarship, you could soccer circles around half the players on the team," he honestly could. Sure, Nick was one of his biggest competitors when it came to getting a scholarship. Nick liked to practice in his free time and bring everyone in our friend group along. I drove us, of course. He promised to pay for coffee if we all came and helped him dribble the ball and other soccer stuff.

The first time I had gone with Nick and the rest of our friends to his private practice I knew that there was no way I could ever play soccer. I had no hand-eye coordination and not leg power. I couldn't run, let alone kick the ball back and forth. I respected Nick and Bram every time we went to one of their games. They made it look so easy. When really, it was a ton of hard work. "Thanks, Si," Bram smiled. He grabbed my hand under the table.

After dinner, I offered to drive Bram home, considering his dad dropped him off when he first got here (according to my mom). It was a drive and ditch. As I pulled the car into drive, I noticed that Bram was beaming.

"I had a great time tonight, your family is the best,"

"Thanks, I had a great time too," I smiled, kissing him at a red light. Bram didn't need to give me directions to his house since I picked him up for school every day. "Do you want me to walk you to the door or--?" I honestly didn't know how any of this worked. Bram shook his head, no.

"Thanks, Si," his kissed me one final time -- which made my heart do this crazy budahbum-budahbum thing -- and headed down his driveway, and I didn't leave until I watched him safely get into his house.

━━━━━━━━━━━━