❰ 28 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

SIMON: LEAH HAS A CRUSH AND SHE WON'T TELL ME WHO IT IS! D:

I texted Bram, hoping he turned in his application really fast and didn't get lost in the store. And by lost, I mean, I hope he didn't go shopping without me. I didn't want to sit in the food court waiting for Bram. So I decided to get up and start exploring.

I started walking to the second floor of the mall where the Hot Topic was, checking my phone, and noticing Bram's text that I was never notified that I got. I hated when my phone did that to me. I clicked on the text, checking what Bram sent, and smirked.

BRAM: she'll tell you when she's ready si, you guys are BEST FRIENDS.

I sighed, mentally agreeing with Bram. Sure, Leah was acting odd and not telling me stuff. When usually we told each other everything that went on in each other's lives. I at first thought that we were growing apart, but I had known Leah since middle school. I didn't want to lose my best friend. Maybe Bram was right, maybe I wasn't losing her, maybe we were just growing up a bit. And maybe, just growing a bit apart. I had worried about this before, I just didn't know. If we grew apart, how would we know? How do you just stop talking to your BEST FRIEND?

SIMON: you;re right. where are u?

I cringed forgetting how much Bram loathed that I abbreviated my words. I hoped he didn't notice, and just responded quickly. I was standing in the middle of the mall floor, and I was starting to feel more self-conscious about the people around me, and how I was feeling in the general vicinity.

"HEY SPEIR!" I froze in my place. I had heard that voice before. I think everyone in my school knew that voice. It was freaking Martin. Martin who I hadn't seen since the other night, at Prom. His voice alone made me sure that something bad was going to happen. Was that just a few days ago? It's felt like months!

"O-Oh," I turned to look at him directly, eyeing him suspiciously. "How are you and Sandy?" I tried to think of a topic, and the only thing that Martin likes to talk about is himself. Himself and his girlfriend. Which I paired him with. They are just so perfect with each other--

"Oh? Sand' and I broke up, we were better off just friends," he rolled his eyes like I had said something to offend him. I nodded, pretty embarrassed that Martin's relationship lasted literally a few days. Okay, maybe I'm being too harsh... I mean if I hadn't found Bram I would still be looking...

"That's too bad, you guys looked cute together," I tried once again, to keep on the topic of him. I didn't know what else to do or say to him. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and reached for it. I felt Martin's eyes staring at my face.

"Is that an engagement ring?" Martin's eyes widened, as I looked down in horror at my ring. Frick. I had forgotten to take it off before I had left the house. What do I do? I couldn't tell him I was going to marry Bram. He would tell the whole school. I didn't want Leah or my family to find out that way. What a horrid way to find out.

"It's a promise ring!" I blurt. Hoping the lie would slip through Martin's thick skull. I really needed this lie to stick, because if it didn't, Bram and I were both screwed.

━━━━━━━━━━━━