Checking in on Mark

Mark had just finished recording his fifth video of the day.  He decided to get something to eat before he started editing.  Mark was sitting down at the table with his sandwich when his phone dinged with a Tumblr notification.  He opened the app and then dropped the phone in surprise.  Mark took a deep breath and picked the phone back up.   It was a post he was tagged in.  It was a picture of Dark looking off to the right and Laura standing off to the side mostly out of site with a wicked smile on her face.  The username of the account was Queen of the Dark.  The caption under the photo was All Is Well.  Mark looked at the photo with a sad expression.  At least she looks happy.  Moments later a message popped up in his inbox.  It was from Queen of the Dark.  

Hi Mark.  I wanted you to know that I am alright, and I am happy.  I don't want you to worry about me like I know you have been.  I have been watching your videos.  I see when ever you play a horror game that involves hell or if you mention something being dark you get this look in your eyes, a look of sadness.  I know you tried your best to save me and I did need saving but you could not have helped me.  I hope that you can understand my decision and understand that I did what I needed to do.  Please do not blame yourself.  

Mark read and reread the message.  He was happy to know that Laura was alright but he was still feeling guilty that he couldn't have stopped her from going with Dark.  He had a bad habit of letting terrible thoughts of what might be happening to her or what Dark might be making her do run through his mind.  Laura was right though.  It had been affecting his videos.  He could feel his emotions take over when playing certain games.  That is why he had been trying to stick with fun lighthearted games and multi players with the guys.  Mark closed the app and put his phone away.  He had conflicting emotions.  He decided to go edit and hoped it would take his mind off of everything.

         Laura closed the laptop and laid down.  She was worried Laura laid smiling on her bed staring up at the ceiling thinking.  She didn't hear Dark enter the room.  He sat down on the side of the bed pulling her back to reality.  Laura rolled over to face him and smiled wide.  "Hi."  I didn't hear you come in.  I was lost in thought."  "Thinking about them?"  Dark said sounding annoyed, but Laura knew he wasn't it was just his way.  "Yes.  It makes me feel better to be able to contact them and let them know I am alright.  I know they both worry."  "Why do you care if they worry?  You are happy and that is all that matters."  Laura rolled her eyes at him.  "Would you be upset if I was worried and stressed out about something?"  "Of course, and I would smite anyone who causes you anguish."   Laura giggled, grabbed Dark's hand and kissed his palm.  "I know you would but why, because you love me, and you care about me.  Well I love Najee.  Before you she was my favorite person on this planet.  Mark, I feel bad about because he was so upset the day we left and it bothers me that he is upset due to me.  So, it makes me happy to be able to communicate with them.  I can't wait until I can actually see Najee."  "Soon my love." Dark stroked Laura's hair.  She purred happily.  "Come on doll, let's go cause some mayhem."  "You go ahead without me tonight.  I am going to stay in and get some sleep.  I am exhausted."  "Are you sure?  It is so much more fun with you there."   Laura's heart fluttered.  "You're sweet.  I am sure.  I will help you unwind when you get back."   Laura winked at him.  Dark leaned over and kissed her, then he snapped his fingers and was gone.  Laura pulled out the laptop that Dark had given her.  She checked social media to see what was going on with the guys on youtube.  There was a tweet from Mark.  'Relieved yet still worried.  Happy yet still sad.  All these conflicting emotions are driving me mad."  Laura knew exactly what he was talking about but all the comments below were filled with people speculating a new video, an appearance from an alter ego.  Fans had many theories that revolved around his job.  Not one person thought once that it might be a personal, real thing.  Does he have people he can talk to?  Does anyone else know that Dark is real?   Laura started to do some research into Mark and went sifting through his old videos.  She found Tyler.  He seemed to be really close to Mark.  They seem to have known each other for a long time.  He has to know about Dark and even if he doesn't I have to try something.  Laura found Tyler on twitter and sent him a personal message.  

I don't know if Mark told you about me, my name is Laura.  I need you to do me a favor and go check on him for me.  I just saw his tweet and got concerned.  

Laura hit send.  She started watching Mark's video he had uploaded.  Laura could see how tired he looked.  She wondered if he was sleeping enough.  He still managed to make her laugh.  Half way through the video a notification popped up that she had a message.  She opened it to find that Tyler had responded.  

I don't know who you are and I don't appreciate fan girls messaging me directly.  The tweet that Mark put out was about and up coming project. Please don't message me again.  Have a nice day.

Wow even when he is brushing someone off he is nice about it

I appreciate that you don't know me.  I understand why you would think I am a fan girl but please just go check on him.  Are you positive about the up coming project or are you just assuming like all the other millions of blind followers he has.  Listen, I get it, I could be some crazy fan looking for my 15 minutes of fame, but what does it hurt to go check on him.  I would do it myself if I could.  Please.  I won't message you again.  Have a nice day.

Laura was still worried about Mark but there was nothing else she could do.  Laura drifted off to sleep thinking about Mark hoping that Tyler went to check on him.  Laura felt herself being pulled from sleep.  There was a tickling sensation.  Laura groaned and stretched and then opened her eyes.  Dark was in the bed with her, hands under his shirt.  His hair was wet, and he was in his boxers.  "How heavy was I sleeping that you came back, showered, and I didn't wake up."  "You were sleeping pretty heavy, but it is time to get up now.  You promised."   Laura gave Dark a devilish smile and pulled him down on top of her laughing.