Past feelings

Aphmau's P.O.V

A dark mist clouded my mind.

"It couldn't go there. It'll be wrong."

What?

A few shuffled items moved in the room then a crash. A thick silence followed.

"*Infuriated sigh* FOR THE LAST TIME YOU CAN'T-!"

"Keep quiet."

These two words words sliced the air with so much command and power that my whole body tensed. I sensed ice particles slide down my spine,

Then I woke up.

My eyes snapped open and I laid in a bed. The windows flew open and a cold gust of wind thrusted through the windows.

I blinked again then I saw Aaron at the windows.

"Didn't bolt that..." He muttered under his breath then turned around, "Oh! You're awake!"

"How long was I sleep for?" I questioned sitting up.

"Couple hours. I slept on the couch downstairs, don't worry."

"Oh..."

My stomach grumbled, my eyes widened in response as heat crept on my face.

He chuckled and stood up, "That's my cue to breakfast."

"Breakfast?!" I rose to my feet.

"You kind of slept for 12 hours. Half a day, that's a record I couldn't beat."

A sharp pain struck my skull and I rubbed my temples. My steps became weary and just as I was about to fall, Aaron came to my aid.

"Aphmau, are you okay?" His voice laced with worry and I quickly dismissed it.

"I slept for 12 hours for heaven's sake!" I exclaimed laughing, "I have to thank Irene that I'm still walking!"

He helped me sit back on the bed.

"So I'll make you some breakfast."

"Or I can go home." I added quickly.

"It's not that simple you see..."
He stood up and opened the window.

For the first time, I what was actually was happening outside. A cold, white blanket of ice lay on the roads with mountains covering houses.

"Crap..."

"Indeed. Town folks will be here but not until evening so... we have till evening." He smiled at me.

I gave him a half smile with a shaky laugh.
Noticing my behavior, he quickly approached me again.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"I want to shower." I declared.

He smiled again and stood up.

"Got that covered. Take some of my dry clothes and go in while I make breakfast." He patted my head and walked out.

*Meanwhile on the other side*

"Shit! How come we're stuck in?!" Katelyn kicked the door for the tenth time in vain.

"I could have sworn that the snow wasn't that strong minutes ago..." Travis muttered.

"I know that genius! We need A WAY OUT THERE!" She kicked the door again.

Travis and Katelyn were sent to fetch a bag from the boy's house only to be stuck in the house with a mountain of ice burying the house.