Confrontations

Aphmau's P.O.V

I woke up at 1 AM in the morning.

I feel like my sleeping schedule has been thrown out the window ever since I came here.

I tossed and shifted on my bed trying to catch more sleep but my thoughts and restlessness kept nagging me back to reality.

A shadow Lord... what does that mean? What does a shadow Lord Do?

I know according to Irene's and history books that Shadow Lords come with different purposes... each was different that the other but what did mine want?

Power? Fame? Control?

I sighed and stood on my feet.

I can't wrap my head around this. This is so bizzare and unusual... what would a shadow Lord want from this world? From me?

The same question drilled over my mind, running in circles over and over.

In the end I sighed and walked out.

Silently, I made my way to our backyard and laid on the grass. The grass was cool on my back and I close my eyes sighing again.

This place us too peaceful, this world is too beautiful.

Why would anyone want to inflict harm on it?

What could be more corrupt than this world? We already have injustice with its different forms eating our world to nothing, global warming that's suffocating our planet, and weapons that threat our day to day life that can potentially kill us.

What more harm could they inflict? Why me from anything? What role would I play?

This world... no this backyard alone is worth protecting for me. I want to be able to come here whenever I want, to sleep, lay, I want to be able to do whatever I want here, and in order to be able to do that, I need the space.

No, I'm not and can't allow this evil to have its way. Nor with me or the world, if my home calls for me then I'm more than ready to help.

I can't let this world slip into the dark era again if I can prevent it.

I noticed a star in the dark sky and I frowned in confusion.

I sat up and my eyes widened when I noticed star growing larger... coming closer.

I scrambled to my feet and tried to run. Just as I set a foot, the star vanished.

I blinked and shuddered.

"What the hell-"

"Of the thirteen gods was that?!" A voice behind me declared.

I opened my mouth to shriek but a hand quickly cover my mouth before any sound came out.

My heart thumped loudly in my chest as the person continued to speak.

"I don't travel the universe to find distressed goddess' shrieking in my face."

A girl. I noted that much.

"I'm here to help." The girl said in a high but gentle voice.

I nodded vigorously and she let go.

I turned to face a lady with hair as white as snow and eyes colored red as blood.

My immediate thought was vampire.

Was she a vampire?

"No I'm not." She replied with a chuckled.

I covered my mouth in shock.