Ch. 1 All I want is for you to be happy

Hime_chan10: In this story, Jacob doesn't get hurt during the Newborns battle. Instead, Sam gets hurt after saving Leah from a vampire. Jacob witnessed Sam getting hurt in his wolf's thoughts and was about to leave when he overhears Edward asking Bella for her hand in marriage. 

~*~ 

June 16, 2006. 

Friday. 

The events of the battle of the Newborns are over. Bella is genuinely happy that Edward asked her to marry him. She happily accepts the engagement ring and kisses him on the lips. The couple wasn't aware that a wolf-shapeshifter named Jacob Black witness everything. Angry at the thought of losing the girl of his dreams to a vampire, Jacob confronts the couple. 

" Bells! Are you seriously going to marry him?" Jacob angrily asked Bella.

Edward stood between Bella and Jacob. He stares at Jacob in the eyes, and he could clearly hear Jacob's thoughts. 

' That fucking leech is going to kill her!' Jacob angrily thought. ' I am not going to let her marry him!' He stares at Edward with angry eyes while looking at Bella with sadness. 

Bella gently placed her right hand on Edward's right shoulder. She reassures her new fiance that she will be okay and that she wants to speak to Jacob privately.

Edward turns to look at Bella.

" Alright. I will be over there" He points to the boulders which are far from them. 

Bella nods her head.

She sees Edward walking towards the boulders. She smiles when she sees him leaning against the boulders and looking at them. She looks away from him to Jacob. 

" Bells. Are you serious about this?" Jacob looks at Bella in the eyes.

" Yes, Jacob. I am serious about this. I love Edward with all of my heart. When I saw Victoria about to kill him. I felt like I was going to die as well. I rather kill myself to save him. That is why I cut my left arm" Bella looks down at her left arm which is bandaged. " When Victoria smelt my blood, I knew right away that she would kill me instead of him" She looks up at Jacob.

Jacob stays quiet.

It reminded him of the Quileute's legend of Taha Aki's third wife.

Jacob sighs sadly. 

" Bella. You do know if you choose me I will love you for the rest of my life" He looks down at the ground. 

Bella's expression softens.

" I know, Jacob, but I am sorry" She takes Jacob's left hand with her right hand and gently grasped it. " You are a nice guy, and I appreciate you being there for me while Edward was away. I enjoy our friendship so much but..." A tear falls from her eyes. 

Jacob slowly lifts his head up to look at Bella.

" Bells...." He whispers feeling sad that he is the reason that Bella is in tears.

" There will come a day when you will find your Imprintee. I still remember you telling me about Imprinting and what it means for wolf-shapeshifters" Bella looks at Jacob. " All I want is for you to be happy with your other half. I don't know how long it will take for you to find her, but I will be here for you no matter what. You are my best friend, Jacob and I care about you. Also, you better invite me to your wedding because I want to thank your future wife for being born just for you" She smiles at him. 

Jacob's heart skips a beat.

He looks at Bella in the eyes. He wanted to make sure if Bella is genuinely his imprintee. His eyes saddened when he doesn't feel a pull towards her.