Ch. 11 Baby Names

Two days later.

September 9, 2006. 

Saturday. 

After the confrontation with Sam's wolf pack. Jacob, Embry, and Seth warned Edward and his family about Sam wanting to kill Bella and the baby. The Cullen and Jacob's pack allied with each other to protect Bella and the baby. The three guys decided to patrol around the Cullen's territory. On the other hand, they agreed that Seth would be Beta because he is the second person to join the pack and Embry would be third-in-command. The next day, Leah joined Jacob's pack and asked Seth for forgiveness because she doesn't want to fight her baby brother. Seth accepted Leah's apology and welcomed her to the pack.

It's Saturday morning, and Edward stepped out of the house to see how the new wolf pack are doing. He smiles when he sees Seth's thoughts. Seth's thoughts were mainly him laying his head gently on Bella's belly and feeling the baby kick and him telling her that the baby could be a soccer player in the making which caused Bella to laugh.

" Edward" Carlisle calls out to him.

Edward turns around and sees Carlisle walking towards him.

" Yes, Carlisle?" He blinks.

" Bella wants me to give her an ultrasound because she wants to know the gender of the baby" Carlisle tells him. " And she wants you to be with her" He smiles at him.

Edward smiles at him.

Last night, when he was watching Bella take her usual cat nap. He heard a small voice calling out to him. At first, he thought it was Bella, but she was asleep. That is when he figured that it was the baby who is talking to him. He gently laid his head on Bella's belly and heard the baby's thoughts telling him that it is sorry for hurting Bella and that it loves both of their voices. If Edward were a human, he would have been crying. He gently kissed Bella's belly and told his child that he loves him or her with all of his life.

Back to the present.

Edward follows Carlisle to the medical room where Bella is going to have her ultrasound. He enters the room and smiles when he sees Rosalie helping Bella on the bed. He walks towards Bella and smiles at her.

Bella looks at Edward and smiles at him.

" Is he saying anything?" She happily asked him.

" He?" Edward blinks.

" Bella thinks that the baby is a boy" Rosalie tells him.

Edward nods his head.

Carlisle set up the ultrasound and asked Rosalie to lift Bella's shirt for him. Rosalie carefully lifts Bella's shirt which revealed a huge pregnant belly that looks ready to pop at any moment. Carlisle pours gel on Bella's belly and rubs it around. He cleans his hand and then grabs a wand as he rubs it around the stomach region. He turns to look at the screen and smiles.

Edward wears a surprised expression.

Rosalie smiles happily.

Bella couldn't believe what she is seeing.

The people in the room are seeing two babies on the ultrasound. Edward turns to look at Carlisle.

" T-Two? I only heard one voice?" Edward asked Carlisle.

Carlisle turns to look at Bella and then at Edward.

" Maybe one of them is like Bella" He tells him.  

Edward nods his head.

" That could be true. Since I can't read Bella's thoughts, it means I can't read one of their thoughts" He looks at the ultrasound and wonders which twin is the one that has a silent mind like Bella.