Ch. 15 Sue meeting Melody

An hour later.

Leah, Seth, and Melody arrived at the Clearwater house. Sue gets out of the house and smiles when she sees Seth pulling out a baby car seat from inside of the van. She carefully walks towards Seth and looks down at Melody who is now fully awake. She smiled when she recognized her best friend, Charlie Swan's brown eyes in her. 

" Oh, Seth. She is beautiful" Sue waves at Melody. " Hi, there sweetheart. My name is Sue Clearwater, and I am Seth's mother" She coos at her.

Melody curiously stares at Sue with big chocolate brown eyes. She smiles when she hears that Sue is Seth's mother. 

Leah carries a box where all of the parts of the cribs are inside. She turns to look at Seth.

" Seth. Give Melody to Mom. I need your help carrying all of these baby stuff to your room" She tells him.

Seth carefully passed the baby car seat to Sue. He turns around and looks at Leah.

" What do you mean by my room?" He asked her.

" Obviously, she isn't going to stay in my room. I don't want her to cry all the time because she doesn't see you. So, I rather she sleeps in your room" Leah tells him.

Seth nods his head. 

He goes to help Leah carry all of the baby stuff to his bedroom. 

Sue carries Melody into the house as she gently places the baby car seat on the coffee table. She looks at Melody and smiles at her. She is already fond of the baby. 

Melody giggles finding Sue rather pretty. She looks at her surroundings with a curious expression.

Sue noticed.

" Melody. This place is Seth's home" She tells her. " You are always welcome in this house" She smiles at her.

Melody coos when she finds out that the place she is in is Seth's home. She hears footsteps around her and giggles when she hears Seth's voice telling Leah not to drop the box. 

" You like Seth's voice?" Sue asked her.

Melody looks at Sue and smiles at her. 

" I take it as a yes" Sue giggles. 

It took Seth and Leah an hour to set up Melody's crib and put all of her necessities in the right places. Seth walks down the stairs and smiles when he sees his mother and Imprintee bonding. 

" Hey" Seth calls out to them. " Melody. Are you hungry?" He looks at Melody and carefully takes her out of the baby car seat.

Melody drools. 

" Not sure if that is a yes?" Seth asked her.

Melody laughs. 

Seth chuckles.

" I'm going to go feed her" He turns to look at Sue.

" I can warm up a bottle of milk for you" Sue tells him.

Seth wears a thoughtful expression.

" Carlisle gave me a cooler that I just put inside of the fridge. It has animal's blood since Melody is half vampire. Carlisle did tell me to give her milk to see if she will accept it or not since she is also half human" He looks down at Melody.

Melody curiously stares at Seth's right thumb. She happily takes his thumb into her mouth and sucks on it. She looks up at Seth with big chocolate brown eyes.

Seth smiles finding Melody rather adorable. He winced a little when Melody accidentally bit his thumb. He gently takes his thumb out of her mouth.

" Melody. That hurts" He tells her.

Melody tears up feeling bad for hurting Seth. 

" It's okay. I'm not mad at you" Seth kisses Melody's forehead. " Just don't bite my thumb" He tells her.

Melody nods her head.

Sue looks at Melody.

" She is a very smart baby. She understands what you are telling her" She smiles at Melody.

" I think it's because her brain is developing fast since she is a half vampire" Seth tells Sue.

Sue nods her head.

Melody begins to cry because she is hungry.

" She's hungry. Mom, can you hold Melody for me. I am going to feed her animal's blood first. Once she gets hungry again, I will let her try regular milk" Seth carefully passed Melody to Sue.

" Come to Sue, sweetheart" Sue smiles and takes Melody into her arms. 

Melody lays her head against Sue's chest. She watched Seth grabbed a baby bottle and walked towards the kitchen. She coos when she sees Seth opening the fridge and pulls out a packet of animal's blood. She held her tiny hands out to Seth when she sees him pour the animal's blood into the baby bottle. 

Seth throws the plastic bag away in the trash and puts the top on the baby bottle. He closed the baby bottle and made sure it doesn't spill. He closed the cooler and then the fridge. He walks back to Melody and Sue.

" Here you go, Mom" Seth gives the baby bottle to Sue.

" This is my first time feeding a baby a bottle of animal's blood" Sue tells him.

Seth chuckles and smiles when he sees Sue feeding Melody the bottle. His expression softens when he sees Melody happily sucking on the bottle. 

" Mom" He calls out to Sue.

" Hmmm?" Sue hums while looking down at Melody.

" Do you remember where I put my camera? I promised Edward that I would record Melody doing something cute for him" Seth tells her.

" The camera is in your closet as well the charger. You need to charge the camera since it's dead" Sue tells him.

" Thanks, Mom. Melody, I will be right back" Seth tells Melody.

Melody continues to drink the animal's blood from the baby's bottle as she watched Seth run up the stairs to his bedroom. She looks back at Sue and coos. 

Sue smiles as she quickly adjusted to feeding Melody a bottle of animal's blood. She hugs Melody close to her as she lovingly kisses the top of her head. She is happy that Melody is born because she is Seth's Imprintee and that means she is a part of her family.