Ch. 20 Bells, Melody looks just like you

A few hours later.

Melody is upstairs in the nursery room asleep while Renesmee is in Rosalie's arms. Renesmee is excited to meet her maternal grandfather. Alice looks out the window and smiles when she sees Bella and Charlie stepping out of the forest. She watched Seth happily greet Charlie and giggles when she sees Charlie hug Seth, but tries his best not to look disgusted by Seth's scent. She turns to the others and happily tells them that Bella and Charlie are coming inside.

After greeting Seth and the other wolf shapeshifters. Bella and Charlie enter the Cullen house. Bella guides Charlie to the living room where everyone is waiting to see him. She looks forward and smiles when she sees Renesmee in Rosalie's arms. She walks towards Rosalie and happily takes Renesmee into her arms. She turns around and looks at Charlie who is staring at Renesmee. 

" Dad. I would like for you to meet Renesmee Carlie Cullen" Bella happily introduced her eldest daughter to Charlie. 

" Re-nes-mee" Charlie tries to say Renesmee's name. " Nice name" He looks at Renesmee and smiles at her. " Hey, sweetheart. I'm your Grandpa Charlie" He carefully takes Renesmee into his arms.

Renesmee giggles.

Seth and Jacob enter the house. They stood by the door and observed Charlie to see how he is like with the sisters. 

" Bella. Edward. She looks like the both of you" Charlie looks away from Renesmee to Bella and Edward. " She looks like Edward but has your eyes when you were a human. Well, our eyes to be in fact" He chuckles.

Bella and Edward smile. 

A loud cry grabbed everyone's attention.

" That's Melody. She must be awake from her nap. I'll go get her" Edward runs up the stairs to the nursery room. 

Charlie carefully passed Renesmee to Bella. 

Bella held Renesmee close to her.

" So, Melody is my other granddaughter?" Charlie asked. 

Bella nods her head.

" Yeah. She is the youngest" She tells him.

Charlie nods his head.

Edward walks down the stairs with Melody in his arms. Melody held her favorite toy, a stuffed golden retriever which she names Sandy. She looks at her surroundings with big chocolate eyes. She blinks when she finally sees Charlie.

Charlie looks at Melody with a surprised expression.

" Bells, Melody looks just like you" He tells her.

Bella smiles at that.

Edward walks up to Charlie.

" Charlie. I would like for you to meet Melody Isaesme Cullen" He introduced his youngest daughter to Charlie.

Charlie carefully takes Melody into his arms.

" Hey, little tyke" He gently tickles Melody's stomach which causes her to laugh.

Edward smiles at them. 

He hasn't told Bella, but he noticed that he couldn't read Charlie's mind. It's as though it is silent just like it is hard for him to read Melody and her thoughts.

Charlie continued to hold Melody. He likes making his granddaughter laugh. He can't help but be reminded of Bella when she was a baby. He held Melody close to him. He lovingly kisses Melody's forehead which causes her to giggle because his mustache tickles her.

Seth looks at Melody and Charlie with a big smile. He is happy to hear Melody's laugh which is music to his ears. He closed his eyes and happily hums to himself. He has decided that he will make sure that no harm will come to Melody and that he will hurt anyone that takes away Melody's laughter.

Edward looks at Seth and smiles at him. He is happy that Seth is going to protect Melody. It makes him know that she will be loved and taking care off if something happens to him.