Part 4: I'm not sharing

Maria's pov/

When I grabbed a cookie from the box, the boy grabbed one too and ate it. Rude, just rude!

I was really bothered, specially because he didn't ask me if he can eat or not, but it was only one cookie though, right?

Later on, he took another one, then another. I was going to explose, a storm was coming out of my mouth.

"Calm down Maria!", is all I could say.

I looked at the box, only one cookie was left. The boy smiled at me, took the cookie and decided to share it with me. How can he be so disrespectful? It's my box and I didn't plan to share my food with a stranger.

I stood up, and because I was so angry, my mouth worked faster than my mind so I started shouting. I grabbed my guitar and took a cab, something I should have done before!

In the cab, I could only think of this boy! Because of him i'm still starving!
Anyways, I opened my bag to give the driver some money, and that's when a box of cookies fell from my backpack.

It was the same box I had bought at the bus station!

All this time, I was eating from the boy's box and thought he wasn't respecting me, but it turns out i'm the one who was acting like a selfish little child!

I was so shocked, I didn't know what to do! I humiliated him, I wasn't careful with my words and once they are said, they can't be forgotten, or maybe even forgiven.

I regret everything!

No wonder why no one at shool loves me! It's my fault and not theirs!

I'm such an idiot!

I forgot that selfish people's actions plant seeds of loneliness, pain and hurt. Now all I have left is my box of cookies, and my regret!

I really should apologize! But how can I see him again? Well done Maria!

I told the taxi driver to take me back to the bus station. I hope it's not too late. What a waste of time, and money!

Martinus' pov/

She looked a nice girl. Maybe she was really hungry and needed to eat something, so I didn't mind sharing my food with her. I grabbed one cookie, and she did the same. Then when there was only one left in the box, I decided to split it into two pieces. But what surprised me was definitely her reaction.

She stood up, grabbed angrily her stuff and started shouting at me. For what? For being generous? She immediately took the first cab she saw and left.

Seriously, what's wrong with people nowadays? Her, Marcus, everybody?

Is everyone going crazy or is it just me?

She didn't have the right to yell at me because I was really nice with her and helped her to end her hunger. And in fact , she should've thanked me instead. But overall, it was just a box of chocolate cookies, is it worth it? That doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, I had other, bigger, more important problems to think about. I just want to end this nightmare and come up with the best lyrics for my song. We don't have enough time anymore, and i'm pretty sure Marcus doesn't care at all.

He's acting like it's my career not ours. What is wrong with him? I'm so done!

Drowning in my own thoughts, the bus suddenly stopped. Now what? I don't want to be late!

I looked to my right. Apparently, some passenger wanted to get on the bus.

Great!

It was her!

Can this day get any longer?