Part 15: A professional songwriter

Marcus' pov/

After everything that had happened, I'm trying to avoid talking with Martinus. I don't think i'm ready for us to fight again, but he left me no choice.

I warned him right before the interview that he needs to shut up and let me do all the talking, but he just didn't stick to the plan.

He maybe fixed the problem by saying that Maria is a professional songwriter, but that doesn't make it true. It's time to face the truth.

I saw him eating lunch in the living room, so I grabbed a chair and sat right next to him. It's time for us to talk.

"Look Marcus, I know what you are going to say. I'm sorry for what I did, I should respect your decision even though I know it was wrong. But you know what's done is done. It's time to turn the page, right?"

I didn't know what to reply, what I knew was that Martinus will probably forgive me if I make a mistake. I mean he forgave me when I was goofing around and not caring about my career, now it's my time to do what's best for us and pretend that nothing happened.

Also, Maria has been so sweet and she really helped us, so she needs to be known and this is her time to shine.

I pulled him into a hug, then a crazy idea came to me. And I know Martinus will be more than happy when he hears it.

"Martinus, I think Maria should be rewarded for what she did. She should officially be a part of our team, she can write new songs for our next album. And this time we don't have to lie because she will be literally our next professional songwriter."

To be honest, I never thought these words will come out from my mouth, but it's for the best. Maria will add something special to our team I can feel it.

Martinus' eyes widened after hearing these words. I know he's surprised but happy at the same time. He directly agreed and told me he will immediately tell Maria the good news.

I was happy because of his happiness.

Before I left, I turned and saw Martinus on his phone. There was something I needed to ask him:

"Hey how did you get her phone number?"

"I saw her yesterday so I gave her my phone number and she texted me last night."

"I did not see that coming."

"Mind with your own business bro."

I giggled and left to play football outside.

Welcome to our team Maria, welcome to our team.

Maria's pov/

Martinus texted me that he needed to see me today. I didn't know why, but I looked forward to it. I went to the park where we were supposed to meet and waited for him.

A couple of minutes later he came. The fiery ball blazing in the sky above him made his hair colour more and more attractive. He sat next to me so I kept staring at his eyes. They were chocolate brown, but not that kind of shade that is easy to describe. He blinked and the beauty was momentarily covered by the shield of his beautiful eyelashes, naturally long and soft looking...

Wait, what am I even thinking about? He'll probably think I'm a weird girl for staring too much at him. I tried not to look at him because I didn't want to get lost in his eyes again, but they kept calling me. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

He had that kind of smile that makes you feel happy to be alive. I stared at his soft lips that started to move:

"Listen Maria, Marcus and I think that you need to be a part of our team. So what do you think? Are you ready to write for us new songs and maybe go on tour?"

As soon as he spelled these words, time froze. I will be popular, no more hate, no more bullying, I will enjoy life. I couldn't speak so I just nodded. He seemed pretty happy so he gave me a small hug then left.

So I guess I'll become a professional songwriter after all, and what's more important is that I get to spend more time with Martinus.