Part 7: Let's work

Martinus' pov/

I can't sing because I'm too shy? How silly! It's pretty obvious that she's lying, but still, I'll give her a chance to prove what she can do. Who knows, maybe she was sent by Destiny to help me to get out of this trouble!

"Listen Maria, i'll see what you're capable of, and I hope everything you said was true and that I won't regret trusting you. My life has been full of ups and downs lately, and I don't want more downs ya hear me? I..."

"Listen, I don't have all day can you save this for later?"

Rude! Just rude! But I don't care about her attitude at the moment, all I care about is my song. I grabbed my notebook and before I got the chance to ask her about her ideas, she added:

"Oh one more thing, when this song gets popular and trendy, you'll have to tell everyone that I wrote it. I usually accept cash though, but for now, let's keep my deal without any money in the way."

Great that's what I needed. An over confident girl who thinks she can rule the entire galaxy. She's so confident that she is already telling me what to do and bossing around.

She should've been Marcus twin instead of me.

"Fine, let's work!"

Although I made a deal with her, I know deep inside that Marcus will never accept it. He hates to show in front of others that he can't write a song. But in fact, that's what he's doing right now, well it's not like he can't, it's that he doesn't want to.

As soon as we started working, everything went silent. Maria and I were writing down our ideas without communicating, which is so weird because how are we supposed to write a song without talking to each other?"

I decided to break the ice between us:

"So Maria, what do you think my song should be about?"

She stared at me for a second. I have to admit I thought she was going to slap me for interrupting her. She was really focusing on what she was writing, she barely paid attention to me.

"Martinus, if we have to work together, we need to know each other better. I mean you have to tell me about your abilities, your weakness, your fears so I can know what to write about. Your music should be a reflection of who you really are. It should describe you. Only you. It's your chance to take out your feelings, your emotions and have fun."

Wow that was deep! I guess music really means a lot for her. I care about music too, but lately I have been feeling really down. My world is turning upside down, nothing is going right in my life. I was so desperate that I had to accept a help from a stranger to finish the song.

Marcus and I have always written our songs by ourselves, together. I can't do it without him, and he can't do it without me. We have always helped each other to come up with the perfect tune and perfect lyrics to amaze our fans.

Now what?

Lately, he hasn't been taken anything  seriously. He is too busy with his non-sense and totally forgot about our career.

How long can I still handle this?

Not too long.

"Martinus, what's wrong?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Maria. She was waiting for me to tell her about myself and how I have been feeling lately, so she can get some source of inspiration...

But that's the problem. I hate to show others that i'm weak. I know that if I started talking, I won't stop til I break down and tears start to run down my cheeks.

I'm not vulnerable!

I was just strong for a really long time!

I'm not pessimist.

I just lost hope for a little while but I know i'll get it back.

But with a little help.

Maybe i'll feel better if I talked about it.

I stared at Maria for a while. Her eyes widened when she noticed that I am finally noticing her. I took a deep breath, then I let the words come out of my mouth.

"It all started last month.."