Part 28: Everything will be okay

Martinus' pov/

So here I am. Sitting on a hospital's bed, holding my one and only so tight, praying for her to wake up.

I don't know what happened yesterday. She was so happy but then everything went upside down, and next thing I know is that I had to carry her to the nearest hospital because she fainted.

She slept here yesterday and I didn't leave her alone. Neither did Marcus. Piper was there too. She was so worried about her little sister and was crying so hard. She called her parents but they didn't answer.

I guess this is another mystery that I need to solve. Where are her parents? Why have I never met them? She needs them now more than ever. What's more important than their daughter's health?

Later on, Maria opened her eyes and whispered something. I came closer to her to figure out what she was saying, and all I could hear was "Martinus".

It made me feel so special. Tears started to form in my eyes. I really love her and I have no idea what I will do without her.

The doctor's voice made me step away from her. He gave her some medicine and looked at us:

"Can I speak to her parents?"

Piper: " Mmm... they are out of town. I'm her sister, you can talk to me."

Martinus: " We are her friends. So basically we are a part of her family so you better tell us what is going on..."

Marcus pinched me because apparently, I raised my voice and was rude... but who cares? I need to know what's going on with Maria.

The doctor looked at Maria and said:

"Young lady, your examination was fine, the results are good and you can leave the hospital today if you want..."

Piper, Marcus and I all jumped and hugged Maria. The four of us were on cloud nine.

Marcus:" See I told you there's nothing to worry about."

Doctor:" You didn't let me finish."

Marcus:" See I told you there's something to worry about."

Doctor:" Maria, is there anything  bothering you at the moment?"

I looked at Maria and saw how much she was sad. She doesn't deserve this! No one deserves this.

She nodded her head and avoided looking at us. But I pulled her into a hug anyways to make her feel comfortable and warm.

The doctor continued talking:

" The reason why you fainted is that what's happening around you is starting to affect your health. Did you cry yesterday?"

She nodded... which caused me so much pain.

" Sadness and depression play an  important role in someone's life. They are so heavy that means you should be careful!  "

Piper: " And how can she get out of this depression?"

Doctor:" The best way is to visit a psychologist regularly."

Maria: " But i'm not crazy!"

Doctor:" It's for your own good."

He left so Maria layed her head on my shoulder and sobbed: "Why does everyone think I'm crazy? Is it true Martinus?"

I wrapped my arms around her and said:

"Listen, everything will be fine. You heard the doctor, it's for your own good. Don't you want to be happy again?"

Maria: " I am happy! Because now I have you."

Martinus:" Maria I know you are. But admit it, deep down inside you're still hurting. And besides, everyone goes to a psychologist, what's wrong with that?"

She looked at me straight in the eyes:

"Me! What is happening Martinus? What did I do? My parents are never here to support me, I have no one to share my happiness nor sadness with, they are always working and working and I can't take it anymore, neither does Piper. And what about school? I'm sure if I go there again Lola and her squad will hurt me again, physically and emotionally.

I'm tired Martinus. No one understands me. Everyone has their parents by their side if something bad happened to them, but what about me?"

Marcus couldn't handle hearing this so he left the room. Piper came closer to her sister and hugged her, they were crying their eyes out.

Oh Maria... I don't think any psychologist can understand what you are going through.

But I do. And I won't sit still.

2 parts left...