Part 9: We're good

Martinus' pov/

Coming back home is the last thing I want to do at the moment, but I have to because my parents are probably starting to get worried. It's been like 6 hours since I left the house and my phone died so mom and dad are bound to freak out, not Marcus though... I know he wouldn't care.

Maria promised me that by tomorrow, the song will be ready. She didn't let me help her because she said she could do it all on her own, and that she has already planned what to write about. We'll meet again tomorrow at "the spot".

Let's just be hopeful... but I know that would be hard...

As soon as I entered the house, Marcus was sitting on the couch. When he heard the door open, he raised his head so I noticed that his face was full of tears and that his eyes were red and puffy. It looked like he was crying.

When he saw me, he immediately ran towards me and hugged me:

"Martinus where have you been? Why would you do this to me?"

I looked at him shocked. So now he care? I have been trying to talk with him for almost a month, and he kept avoiding me and shouting at me whenever I tell him that we need to write a song for our career.

Recently, because of him, I have been feeling really down, I was lonely, broken because no one understands me!

I tried to avoid eye contacts with him. I tried not to answer him because I know that if I did, a storm will come out and we'll end up as enemies.

And I don't want that...
Because I don't want to lose him...
I don't want to hurt him...
I don't want to make him suffer...

When he pulled me into a hug, I realized that even though I'm so mad at him, I can't ignore the fact that my life will be empty without him, that he's the one who turns my dark night into day light.

"Martinus, why would you do this?"

I know he repeated his question because he wanted to hear my voice so bad. But what should I tell him? That I asked a stranger to write for us a song? That I told her about my misery and all I have been going through, because of him?

That will make everything worse...

"To revenge?"

He added and that forced me to stare at him. What is even going on in his mind?

If he thinks I want to revenge, so he does know that he made a mistake, but is he willing to correct it?

"What I did was wrong I know. But look Martinus, from now on, you can trust me. Our career should come first and although i'm late, i'm totally excited to start writing a song with you..."

I looked at him deep in the eyes:
"And...?"

"And i'm sorry! For ignoring you, for avoiding you and for acting silly. But hey you know that I have no idea what serious means! I'm Marcus, crazy is my middle name... and that's why you love me..."

I giggled and added:" Stop it i'm trying to stay mad at you!"

And we laughed and hugged each other. It felt good, so good that everything went back to normal. Marcus takes a special place in my heart and I know if I lost him, the hole in my heart will never heal. I love him, and I know he feels the same way...

"So Marcus about the song..."

"Yeah I know I just have one game left and then we can start working."

Seriously? Again?

"Kidding, just kidding!"

I took the pillow that was laying on the couch and throw it in his way. He took another one so we ended up having a pillow fight.

Because of all the noise, my parents went downstairs and took me in their arms.

I thought no one cares about me, but in fact I was wrong.

I'm so lucky to have these people around me. I wouldn't trade this feeling for the world.