Part 13: Him or her?

Maria's pov/

I have been thinking a lot, and I know I made the right decision. Who knows, maybe I can actually have friends, not that I care.

My song was written for a purpose, that's why I should give up and stop trying to make my life better because happy endings don't exist for a girl like me. I should give the song to the boy who believed in me, and to his twin who didn't have faith in me, but still I have no other choice.

"Martinus, here you go! You need it more than I do. You can record the song and claim it's yours. I don't care anymore."

And I left while trying to avoid him. I know he won't accept my offer, but he has to because he needs a new song to save his career.

Two weeks later, I was checking my Instagram when suddenly I saw on the explore page an announcement that made me happy and mad at the same time.

It was about Marcus and Martinus' brand new song, dropping next friday. I was happy because millions of people will hear my song, but also mad because no one will ever know that I'm the one who wrote it.

Did I make a mistake by giving them my lyrics?

Martinus' pov/

Our song will be released in 4 days. How exciting!

Not really!

I'm still thinking about Maria. She worked hard so she definitely deserves to be known.

When I talked to Marcus again this morning, he didn't seem bothered for "stealing" the song from her. Quite the opposite, he was so excited and pretty confident that this song will get a huge success.

But i'm not like him. I know that taking advantage of somebody else is wrong. I know that Maria's intention was good, but Marcus couldn't see this. He was only thinking about himself.

I know what I need to do. It may be a hard decision, but a right one.

One week later, after the song was released, we were in germany making an interview with the popular journal "Bravo Magazine". They were asking us questions about our song, and they were live streaming the interview on Instagram. Marcus was answering very well although he didn't write the song.

But I'm not fooling anyone. I need to do what has to be done.

I just hope Maria is watching this livestream.

"Excuse me, I have something really important to say."

The interviewer's eyes were fixed at me, while Marcus gave me a weird scary look. It's like he knows what I was going to do, but is trying to convince me to rethink about it. But I don't need to.

"About who wrote the song, i'm very happy to say that actually a girl has written it for us. I've met her a while ago at a bus station and she seemed really nice. She offered that she'll help us with the new song. So all these fantastic lyrics are written by her. Her name is Maria and she's 16 too. Can you believe that someone so young can write an amazing song with such deep meanings?"

I turned to see Marcus staring at me, angrily. I didn't mean to tease him, I just wanted Maria to be known because she deserves it, a lot. And plus we made a deal. I don't know why she wanted that, but it's pretty obvious that she needs it. And she helped us to get out of this trouble, so why not pay her back?

"So wait, Marcus and Martinus are you telling your fans that you lied? You said that your professional team wrote it."

Marcus looked very scared. He stood up and while chocking on his own words he said: "I can explain".

"Marcus you don't have to. Maria is a professional songwriter so basically we didn't lie. Professional you hear me?"

This time, I meant to tease Marcus while saying the word professional. Because after all, our fans loved the song, so doesn't it prove that Maria is an amazing songwriter? It does for me.

I know that Marcus will probably scream and shout at me when this interview ends, but i'm not regretting anything.

I'm sorry Marcus.