Part 30: The end

Martinus' pov/

Marcus and I have prepared a little surprise for Maria. I know she said she loves being a songwriter, but we both know she has another dream.

Like usual, she entered her office and sat behind her desk, when Marcus and I came and stood right in front of her. She looked at us, mostly at Marcus because he was awkwardly staring at her, then said:

"You're freaking me out, more than usual."

"I'm Marcus, what do you expect me to do?"

I pushed Marcus away before he started telling us his silly jokes, then gave Maria an envelope.

"Open it!"

She had no idea what was going on, but she still opened it and read what was written out loud:

"You have been chosen to make a collab with Norway's biggest pop stars Marcus and Martinus, and sing your brand new song "Why dream it". If you approve, please sign this contract.

Wait are you serious right now? I wrote this song for you, and I was supposed to be just your songwriter."

Martinus:" Right, but that was before. I know your dream is to become a singer, and like you said in your song: why dream it? If you can do it!"

Marcus: " And the best part is that we'll sing it together. You can thank me, it was my idea. Nah who am I kidding it was Martinus' plan. So what do you say?"

She looked at the contract, then took a pen and signed it.

"Of course I accept! I can't believe it I will become a professional singer!"

Martinus: " That's true! And I know just the persons who you should be celebrating with at the moment."

Maria didn't know, but I actually prepared for her two surprises, instead of one.

I offered her parents a job here in the studio so they can stay next to their daughters. The job isn't quite difficult, and with a little practise, everything is possible.

When she saw them, she dropped the pen she was holding and hugged them tight. I have to say, tears burned my eyes at that moment. It was such an emotional moment.

They told her that they won't leave her anymore and that it was all my idea. So she ran and...

The moment I have been always waiting for happened. We kissed and it was the best feeling in the world.

"So I guess we're a thing now?"

"Definitely"

Maria, Marcus and I all hugged. Later her parents joined us, and we ended up having a group hug!

Maria is now happy, and I'm glad I could do what I promised her.

Maria's pov/

~1 year later~

"Why dream it" had a huge success. A lot of people liked my voice, I have even signed with a record deal. And in two weeks my new album will be released.

The boys career is going great too, my parents have never left Piper and I again, Lola became such an amazing person, she opened a new page in this challenge called life. A fresh start is exactly what she needed.

My relationship with Martinus couldn't get any better. Even Marcus has started dating one of their dancers. All of us has found our "True love".

Today, Martinus and I are going on our first date. We were so busy working so we didn't get a chance to go out that much.

And where did he take me?

He took me to the bus station, the same place where we first met. Any girl would break up with her boyfriend if he took her to a station on their first date, but to be honest, this is exactly where I wanted my first date to be.

One year ago, loneliness hovered over me, took control over me. Sadness became my one and only best friend and I isolated myself on purpose. I thought a girl cannot dream and that happy endings only exist in fairytales.

But now look at me!

I've changed.

I'm not damaged anymore, I am weathered and strong.

I am no longer broken hearted, those pieces have grown roots and are now a part of a heart that beats stronger than ever.

I have been broken, and I have lost myself. But here I stand, still moving forward, growing stronger every day. I will never forget the harsh lessons in my life because they made me unstoppable.

I looked at Martinus deeply in the eyes. I remember the first day I ever looked into his eyes and felt my entire world flip. I will never find anyone who cares, loves and worries about me more than him. I'm honestly feeling that i'm the luckiest girl ever.

"Maria, do you want a cookie?"

"Let me check my bag first."

We both laughed, I layed my head on his shoulder and held him tight.

He'll be mine.

Forever.

And I can never be happier.

And it's all because of this relationship that started with a cookie...

~The end~

.
.
.

So this is the end of "Started with a cookie". I really enjoyed writing it and I hope you like it! Thanks for the support! Love you all!

Please write your opinion in the comments section. I really want to know what did you think of my story.

Follow my Instagram fanpage: marcusandmartinusleb

Also, I have started a new story called "hey Marcus". Make sure you read it too!

See ya in my other stories!

~M~