Part 14: Friends

Maria's pov/

"Dear diary, yesterday was such an incredible day. After everything that had happened between Marcus, Martinus and I, I feel like Martinus felt bad and wanted to fix this situation. I was on my Instagram like usual and I saw the boys interview. Martinus has confessed everything despite the fact that Marcus will be upset and mad at him. I can't believe he thinks I'm professional. That's incredible no one has ever told me that, and it feels good. It's nice to have someone who actually cares.

So diary, what I wanted happened. Do you think people at school will stop making fun of me? I mean two popstars has sung a song written by me! Do you think that's enough?I wish! But let's have some hope! I need to thank Martinus for what he did. Hopefully I can find him at the bus station again."

I woke up early the next day to tell my parents the good news. I have already told my sister, but my parents were quite busy yesterday so today is a new day. They will be proud of me for the first time in their lives.

But unfortunately I couldn't find them. Maybe they were in the garden, or were still sleeping, but they weren't at home. But I did notice a note that was on the fridge. I grabbed it and it said:

"We had to leave so early today. Our boss called us and we're sorry to tell you that we'll be back tomorrow. Piper take care of Maria."

Why every time something good happens in my life, another bad thing leaves me broken and hopeless? My parents never find time for their daughters. Piper and I are feeling alone. We have no one by our side because our parents are always at work. I understand they need to get money, but what about us? Is money worth it?

So I guess now I should probably go straight to the bus station to meet Martinus. I don't know if he'll be there, but I really hope I'll find him. What he did was huge, he believed in me, he trusted me, he supported me.

What he did proves that he cares about me, and no one has ever cared about me. That's sweet...

I sat on the bench and waited for him. He'll come, I know it, I feel it.

I called my parents to make sure if they need anything, but they didn't pick up. What a surprise!

I looked at my watch, it's been 2 hours since I came here. I guess he won't come.

As soon as I was going to leave, I heard someone calling my name and I knew that it was him.

"Maria..."

I turned and saw the only person I wanted to see at that moment.

"Martinus, I..I... thought you won't come."

"I knew you were going to react to the interview, so where else can we meet?"

I giggled. He's right! This bus station became our thing! I know whenever i'll need him, i'll find him here.

"I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done. You're an incredible boy and I really appreciate it."

"No problem. That was the deal though. Listen, from now one, if you need anything, just call or text me. Here's my phone number. You have done a lot for us so it's our job to reward you."

Martinus gave me a piece a paper that had his phone number, then he left.
I directly saved it on my phone and went back home.

I felt so honored because a huge pop star gave me his phone number, not that it matters...

But maybe it does. Actually, I would love to be friends with Martinus. He's an amazing partner and I know that if we teamed up again, we'll make some magic. With my writing skills and his incredible voice, we'll make the perfect team.

But I should stop dreaming. They will probably forget about me in like a month. Plus I'm sure Marcus is so mad right now and doesn't even want to hear my name again. So there's no way we can be friends.

But at least I know that Martinus is willing to be my friend, and i'm glad I have him in my life...

....

Sooo here's a new part!! I have been writing regularly this week so hopefully I can update more often!

Xoxo