Part 24: We're done

Maria's pov/

It hurts so much knowing that the person who made me feel special yesterday, is the reason why i'm suffering today.

I wish I can hurt him the way he hurts me. But I know that if I had the chance to do it... I wouldn't even think about doing it...

Because I still care about him.

And that's the worst part.

Drowning in my deep thoughts, someone knocked on my door. I didn't need to think twice, it's surely Piper because she's the only person in the house beside me.

My parents haven't come home since yesterday, and honestly, that doesn't surprise me anymore.

My sister is probably going to ask me if I want to eat, because she felt that something is going wrong, I just didn't have the courage to tell her.

So when I told her I didn't want to eat, she still entered the room. I was shocked because she never does that. When I turned to tell her to leave me alone, I saw him... the only person I didn't want to see at that moment.

He sat next to me on my bed, so I just stood up and decided to leave but he stopped me.

I know I have to face him at some point, but i'm not ready yet. I can't do it! I don't want to do it.

Martinus:" Maria, you can't avoid me forever."

Maria:" Try me!"

Martinus:" I can explain. The thing is..."

Maria:" You don't have to! Whatever the reason is, I don't care! Because of you, Lola insulted me again in front of everyone. And I think you asked me to dinner because you wanted me to feel better, not worse."

Martinus-:" I couldn't take it! I saw you and Marcus dancing so I thought you were a thing and that you were hiding it from me. I was jealous, okay? But Marcus told me what happened and I feel terrible right now."

I stared at him for a second then walked away. He was jealous?  Does that mean he... likes me?

But does it really matter right now?

He still doesn't understand that I'm damaged, that I have struggled, that I can no longer trust anyone in my life, because everyone always leaves and hurts me.

At this point, I don't care if Martinus made me suffer on purpose or not. What's done is done, and I never give a second chance.

I'm not a drama queen, i'm just a girl who had been strong for a long time. But the truth is, she can't take it anymore.

Maybe Lola is right, i'm really useless and pathetic. Sadness became my one and only friend, and to be honest, I don't like this feeling, and I never will.

At the moment when my foot stepped outside my bedroom, I looked at Martinus one last time and said:

"You have ten seconds to leave my house. And here's a tip: don't enter my life if you can't handle it."

Martinus-:" Forgive me, forgive this fool. Sorry that I acted so cruel, that I didn't trust you, I realized that I like you, a lot. Let's start new!"

Start new? If only you can easily forget about what hurt you.

I never knew this was going to end like this. In my head, everything seemed to be so perfect. But now I realized that my life was better without any friends.

And what about my writing and singing career? I think I can figure things out on my own. I never needed anyone to help me, so i'll work alone. But "if" I wanted someone by my side, to tell me that everything will be okay, I know where i'll find him. Marcus has proven that he really deserves my friendship.

But for now, I'm better on my own.

Piper asked me what was wrong. I know she wants to help, but there are some things even sisters can't share.

But I did tell her that I will quit working with Marcus and "the other twin". She was surprised at first, but she can't force me to do anything.

I just wish my happiness lasted longer.

Why does sadness last forever, while happy moments are just temporary?

It's hard, really hard, saying goodbye to someone you wish to spend your lifetime with.