Part 18: Will I heal?

Martinus' pov/

I don't know what happend to Maria, but I have to find out. She seemed very sad, more hurt than the first time I saw her at the bus station. And I can't just sit still, I need to help her because I, even Marcus owe her a lot.

I tried to text her but she didn't answer. But I understand, when someone is hurt or is struggling, he needs some time alone to figure things out.

Luckily, before I went to bed, I noticed that she had texted me "I'm sorry".

Too many mixed emotions. Should I feel happy because she finally decided to text me, or sad because she's feeling guilty although she didn't do anything?

I had to make things up for her. So I sent her a message:

"Meet me tomorrow after school at the coffee shop next street."

I wasn't sure if she is going to come, specially because she didn't answer, but let's try I won't lose anything.

The next day, I waited til 2 o'clock then headed to the place I suggested. I was really hoping she shows up because I know she needs a friend to talk to. But I waited so long and she still didn't come. Eventually, I lost hope and decided to get back home. I rather rehearse with Marcus than wait.

I'm not patient at all.

As soon as I grabbed my jacket and decided to leave, I heard my name.

I guess she has changed her mind...

Maria's pov/

I skipped school today because i'm not ready to get hate, again. I spent the whole day thinking if I should meet Martinus or not. I mean he sure wants to help me, to be there for me I can feel it. And I really need a shoulder to cry on at the moment.

But I just can't tell him. He will think I'm a selfish person if I told him that i fooled them and wrote the song for myself.

After a lot of thinking, I decided to go and if he asked me about what happened yesterday, which i'm sure he will, I'll just go with the flow and say whatever comes to my mind.

I looked at my watch. I hope Martinus didn't leave. I immediately went straight to the place he suggested. He was planning to leave but for the first time in my life, I felt lucky because I had come just before he left.

When he saw me, I could tell that he was happy, so do I. We sat and were silent for about 10 minutes which felt weird. Suddenly, he decided to break the silence.

"So Maria, about yesterday..."

"Yeah Martinus I know, look, I was sad because... uhm... because Piper, my sister, left for college and I.. uhm... i'll miss her so much."

And I faked crying. Really Maria? Is that the best you could come up with?

"It looks like you need some acting lessons."

I giggled after he said that. I am such a fool.

"Look, friends don't lie."

(A/N omg if you know where this sentence is from i'll love you forever lol)

I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. I know I can trust him. So here goes nothing.

"The truth is..."

"Oh well, look who's here! Why did you skip school today, joke?! To escape with your prince charming?"

Oh no! The only reason why I skipped school is that I didn't want to see Lola's face.

She kept talking so I knew that Martinus and I needed to leave. I took his hand and I stormed out of the coffee shop with him by my side.

I'm so sick of her. Will this nightmare ever end?

When we arrived home, Martinus didn't want to leave me. He knew that I could break down any second.

He took my hand and looked at me deep in the eyes:

"Listen, you know you can trust me. You can tell me anything!"

He's so kind and he really cares about me. And that's a reason to just like him more.

Maybe I should get this little secret out of my chest.

Because sooner or later he'll find out.

I just hope he'll understand.

...

Hi guys, I hope you still like this story! Thank you for reading and have a great day!