Part 10: Is the song ready?

Marcus and I are going to meet Maria today at 10 o'clock. I told him last night about her and that she said she's capable of finishing the song, all by herself. He was confused at first, but then he accepted the idea without any problems in the way. I actually expected another reaction, but I'm glad it didn't happen.

We took the bus and when we arrived at "the spot", Maria was already there, writing in her notebook...

Maria's pov/

I spent all night long trying to come up with the best lyrics. I was so inspired by everything Martinus had told me and I don't want to seem very confident, but I feel that he will love his new song.

It's about strengh, not giving up, not letting obstacles get in his way.

It's about his brother.

I'm sure Marcus didn't mean it. It was all a misunderstanding. And a single moment of misunderstanding is sometimes so poisonous that it makes us forget within a minute the hundred lovable moments spent together.

Because of the affection, the love, the sympathy, the loyalty that fill their hearts, i'm sure they will pass all the obstacles in their way, because in fact, obstacles don't block the path, they are the path, and if you don't give up, you'll make the impossible possible.

As long as they stay together, they will be alright.

I was making some changes to the song when I saw Martinus coming towards me, but he wasn't alone. When they became closer, I noticed that it was actually Marcus. It looks like they're no longer mad at each other, and that made me glad.

"Hey Maria. Let me introduce you to my brother, Marcus!"

Marcus looked exactly like his brother, but that totally makes sense because they are twins. But it was so easy to tell them apart. Martinus has a mole above his lip, and his hairstyle was different.

The three of us sat on the grass and I gave each one of them a copy of my lyrics. I was so excited for them to check out my song, but at the same time nervous.

What if they didn't like it? What if I let them down? I don't want to disappoint them, I don't want to disappoint myself.

I don't want to be devastated anymore, nor lonely! I had enough!

I really wish what I'm up too is going to work. I really want to help the boys, I'm not trying to be selfish. But at the same time, a part of me is saying that I'm doing this for myself.

I'm just imagining what will happen if things will work out perfectly. No more bullies, no more hate, no more suffering. I'll become popular, and that's what matters nowadays, unfortunately. Everyone will know my name! I will no longer be the nerd that is always hiding behind her books, instead, I will be the famous girl who wrote a song for Norway's biggest pop stars, and saved their career.

"Maria, what happened to you?"

I was happily day dreaming when Martinus shook me, so i returned to reality... to the place where happiness left me, and where nightmares started to haunt me.

"Oh i'm sorry, I was just thinking about... you know that doesn't matter! So tell me what do you think about the song? Should I make some changes? It's your decision!"

The way the boys were looking at the papers then at each other made me so worried. What if they wanted to change the entire song? That can't happen I put so much effort in it and they should appreciate that.

Let's just hope for the best. It's their song at the end, I can't force them to like it.

Besides, I worked hard, so I shouldn't regret anything. And like they say: "your hard work will definitely pay off", right?