Part 20: Excitement

After our conversation, Martinus and I went to the studio. Although I wasn't in a good mood to write a new song, it felt good to just be there, because this is where I belong. And it's also amazing to see the boys rehearsing.

With every lyric, with every tune, I fall in love with music and singing more and more. A part of me wanted to sing with them and show them what I got, but I can't... yet. It's nice to be a songwriter so i'll just stick to it for now.

They were singing my song, so I really enjoyed listening to what started my career, to what made me find my place, my goal, myself... I'm glad I met the boys because if I didn't, I would still be drowning with my own thoughts and problems. I didn't move on yet, but it will happen, if not now , one day...

After rehearse, I was grabbing my stuff to leave when Marcus came into the room and stared at me which made me literally freak out.

Maria:" Marcus is there something going on? You're scaring me!"

Marcus:" I'm Marcus, that's what I do!"

Maria:" O....K?"

He came closer to me and whispered in my ear:

"So, you have a date tomorrow night! Listen, make sure you come back at 9 o'clock. Ok?"

This was me who stared at him this time: "Pardon me?"

He sat on a chair and started talking:

"Martinus told me that you're having dinner tomorrow. So it's my job to protect you since your parents aren't in town, like you told me last week."

He was so serious, which made me surprised because I don't think Marcus knows what serious means.

Maria:" Marcus it's not a date!"

Marcus:" Look I know my brother. That's how he asks a girl on a date. He just asks her for dinner, and then they end up dancing under the moon."

I felt butterflies in my stomach. My heart skipped a beat. I was overjoyed because Martinus might like me.

But what if Marcus was mistaken?  I don't want to be excited for nothing. This is huge! This might ruin my friendship with Martinus and I absolutely don't want that.

Maria: "Do you think so? Please don't play with my emotions like that."

Marcus:" Ohhh does someone have a crush?"

Marcus is teasing me? Not a surprise! I giggled and my cheeks turned red and were as hot as Martinus.

I punched him playfully on the chest and asked him:

Maria:" Hey how did you even know that he asked me out?"

Marcus:" I have my ways! You know, everyone calls me "The brain"."

Maria:" He told you, didn't he?"

Marcus:" Yeah, yeah he did."

I laughed so hard and later, Marcus joined me. It was fun talking to him.

Just when he wanted to leave, I remembered something really important. I want my "date" to be perfect, and Marcus mentioned that his brother will ask me to dance with him tomorrow. And that's the problem! I don't know how to dance, specially on a slow song.

The only time I tried to dance, I ended up breaking the mirror in my room and injuring my ankle.

So I stopped him:

"So "The brain", if what you said was true, can you please ask one of your dancers to teach me how to dance? Because i'm literally terrible."

Marcus:" I can do that! And not because you just called me "the brain". "

Maria:" You would do that for me? Thank you Marcus, you're sweet! So I'll meet you tomorrow here?"

Marcus:" At 11 in the morning, because that's when Martinus usually practise in Room B. So we'll be safe here!"

I pulled Marcus into a hug, then immediately grabbed my stuff and went back home since it was getting late.

I texted Martinus and told him that I can't wait for tomorrow, and he was excited as well.

Tomorrow will be the start of everything I have ever dreamed of.

Because if I had Martinus by my side, I don't think haters will matter anymore.

I'll become happy.

Finally.