Part 12: Lost

Maria's pov/

I made a mistake. I thought I can make my life better by staying next to my family and in the city I was born in, but I was wrong. I don't deserve to dream, I only deserve to suffer.

I'm sorry Mum, I really wanted to make you feel proud, I didn't want to disappoint you, to let you down. I'm sorry dad for not being your dream daughter, for not being able to control my emotions, because I broke, because i'm not enough.

I'm sorry mum and dad for not being the child you raised me to be.

Leaving you will be hard, but staying will be even harder.

I can't leave, but I can't stay, I don't know what to do.

Here I am, another day in hell. Everyone is looking at me, making fun of me, throwing paper spits on me, not even talking to me.

They really know how to make me feel bad about myself. My mum always says that I shouldn't get down because of haters hating, instead I should use it as motivation to shove my success in their face.

But that will never work. I just got rejected by two twins because I'm not professional, i'm not good, i'm worthless. I lost my only chance to prove that I exist, that i'm not completely useless.

I don't know if Marcus feels bad because of what he said, but he should be. He broke my heart. He made me suffer more than usual.

And Martinus, he probably thinks that i'm pathetic. He's not wrong, I just hate to admit it.

I don't need friends. I'd rather be left alone, away from all the troubles, but why are troubles chasing me?

I know what I need to do. This wasn't planned but I don't have another choice. I have to do this.

Martinus' pov/

What Marcus had said was so rude. He didn't have the right to attack Maria like that. I asked her to help us because I actually believed in her, and I proved my theory today. But Marcus had a totally different theory. He wanted to "buy" the song from Maria amd claim it's his, but my deal with her was that we'll take the song without any money but we have to tell everyone that Maria wrote it. And i'm so cool with that, I don't know why Marcus isn't. No one will say he's worthless, no one will say that we are unprofessional for letting a random girl I found at the bus station writes for us a song... right?

Why are decisions so hard to make? Now what am I supposed to do? Agree with Marcus or Maria?

"Marcus, you made a mistake, and you need to fix it before it's too late. You hurt a girl that was really nice and really wanted to help us. You need to apologize."

To be honest, even if Marcus didn't want to apologize, i'm going to force him. But the only obstacle in the way is that we don't know where Maria lives, or her phone number, or even her last name. How will we meet again?

I went to the bus station, where we first met, and sat all day. I knew what I was doing was a waste of time, but I didn't have another choice. Hopefully i'll find her.

And I didn't. But that's okay I'll wait for her again tomorrow. Trofors is a small town and we will definitely meet again one day.

I was on my phone when suddenly I heard someone calling my name. I turned and I saw Maria. I was on cloud nine! Finally!

"Maria, how did you find me? Were you searching for me?"

She looked at me right in the eyes, then she said:

"I have been waiting for you at the bus station for two days. But every time I come, I don't feel i'm brave enough to talk with you again. I knew that you will be looking for me here. But this time I decided that we really should talk. I have been thinking a lot and I made my decision."

"Look Maria, Marcus is really sorry and he will apologize I know him he will never hurt..."

But then she interrupted me and said what, in her opinion, had to be said.

I'm not sure she made the right decision. I can't let that happen.