Part 11: Saved...kind of

Marcus' pov/

The whole alphabet won't help me describing it. It was unique, the words were chosen intelligently, the story hidden behind it was so touching, the feelings, the emotions...

I have to admit, I didn't take it seriously at first. When Martinus told me that a random girl he had met will write for us a song, deep down inside I wanted to argue with him and tell him that what he did was just a waste of time. Instead, we should've started writing our own song by ourselves.

And when I agreed to go with him to meet Maria, it was only because I didn't want to enter another fight with him. I don't want to lose him, again!

He will accuse me because I don't trust him and always argue with his decisions, and I can't live with that.

But now after I read the lyrics, I know that Martinus and I, even our whole team, will never be able to write as good as this one. It touched my heart easily,  and I'm sure Martinus feels the same way. Our fans need to hear this, because it hides a lot of meanings, and that's how our new song should be.

I looked at Maria. She was bitting her nails so I directly knew that she was nervous, and she was anxiously waiting for us to say something, to compliment her work, to tell her that she did an amazing job. I had to speak I can't let her suffer any longer.

"So Maria, about the song..."

Her eyes widened when I started speaking. She stopped bitting her nails suddenly,  probably she noticed that what she was doing was a little bit weird.

"Maria, I just want to say that you've done a great work. You had really shown commitment, passion and determination. You should be proud of yourself. Your song is simply amazing!"

I expected her to be happy but instead I felt the sadness and disappoint burning her from the inside. Should I roast her to make her happy? I don't understand.

After taking a deep breath, she said:

"Usually these words are followed by a "but". I'm sorry but I don't know how complimenting someone feels like."

Martinus and I exchanged glances. That was heart breaking.

Martinus-:" Nope, no "buts". You deserve every single word you heard and I couldn't agree with Marcus more. Congrats, we're buying the song."

Her jaw dopped, she was bothered. Now what? Clearly this girl doesn't know how "showing your emotions" works.

Maria-:" Buying? Martinus that wasn't the deal."

What deal? Martinus didn't say anything about a deal. I looked at Martinus and raised an eyebrow. What did I miss?

Martinus-:" Marcus, Maria told me that she doesn't need any money, she just wants us to tell everyone that she wrote our new song."

What? This was the stupidest deal i've ever heard. We can't tell our fans that a random girl Martinus found in the bus had written for us a song. We are trying to make our career better, not worse. Everyone will think that we're weak and unable to put words together. They will spread rumors again and I don't want to live that nightmare again. Usually, it's either us or our professional team who helps us with lyrics, not a random girl!

Out of nowhere, these words came out of my mouth, in front of Maria. I couldn't control myself and I know I made a mistake.

Martinus-:" Marcus you aren't making any sense now. And so what? You can't take her song and claim it's ours."

Marcus-:" And we can't tell anyone that we are incapable of writing by ourselves. Besides, our songwriter should be known, and professional."

I bit my lips after saying that word. That must've hurt her.

I should shut up.

With tears running down her face, she said:

"Then why don't you let a professional songwriter help you? I'm out of here."

This day can't get any worse!

I hurt Maria. And now she left, and what's worse is that we lost the song.

And it's all my fault.