Part 22: Liar

Maria:" You're amazing Marcus! Thank you!"

Marcus:" You don't need to thank me. You got this! You're really smart!

Amazing? Smart? Why are they flirting with each other?

Does he like her?

Does she like him?

Why didn't they tell me?

Why did she agree on going to dinner with me if her heart wasn't in the right place?

They thought they could hide their secret relationship from me, but they were both mistaken.

I don't know what's bothering me the most: the fact that they are dating behind my back, or that Maria is going out with another boy?

What's really important is, why do I care this much?

I guess I really have feelings for Maria. But it just hurts to realize that you aren't as important to someone as you thought you were.

I don't know why she didn't like me. I love her so much and I want her to be happy, but no one will ever love her like me.

Although I'm not used to it, but I'm actually giving up on her. I can't fight for her, because she hid the truth from me, and that's something I will never forget.

And what about Marcus? He probably doesn't want me to go out with his girlfriend.

So that's what I'm going to do.

I'm sorry...

Maria's pov/

When we finished practising, Marcus and I went to see Martinus in Studio B but we couldn't find him.

Maybe he left early, who knows?

I went back home and took a shower. Then I've curled my hair and put on some make up, something I don't usually do.

Then I wore a really nice black dress which I took from Piper's closet. I just hope she doesn't notice. Luckily, I'm very good at sneaking out.

Before I went to the restaurant, I had texted Martinus, but for an unknown reason, he didn't reply.

But there's no need to worry, maybe he's busy preparing himself for tonight like me, or his phone died.

Let's be positive Maria.

Luckily, the restaurant isn't so far from our house so I went there by myself. I sat down and waited for Martinus. He told me to be there at 8, but now it's 9 o'clock and he still hasn't shown up.

But of course he has an excuse. Maybe he's late because of the traffic or maybe his gold fish died.

What am I even thinking about? The restaurant is so close to his house too, and he doesn't even have a gold fish.

Calm down Maria! Everything will be fine! He'll be here any second!

But I knew that this night will be a complete disaster.

Just when I wanted to leave, I saw Lola entering the restaurant, and she didn't seem so happy when she saw me.

Oh not again!

Martinus' pov/

I looked at my watch. It was 9 o'clock. How could I do this to her? I'm honestly a terrible person.

Does she deserve it? I mean I know she lied, but maybe she had to because she didn't want to hurt my feelings, or maybe she wanted to protect our friendship?

I know what I did was bad. She's probably waiting for me now, by herself at the restaurant. I should have texted her and tell her that i'm sick and I can't take her to dinner tonight.

But I just felt paralyzed. I didn't have the courage to answer her texts. I can't face her, yet...!

But why did I make her suffer? It's not my fault that she fell in love with Marcus! No one can control his feelings...

Because I left the door open, Marcus walked by my room and he seemed really surprised to see me.

Marcus:" What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on a date, with Maria?"

Date? Does he still want to play this game? Well I'm already sick of it.

Martinus:" First of all, it's not a date. Second, I saw you dancing and flirting with her today in Studio B so no need to deny it anymore."

He stared at me for a second then started laughing really hard.

Did I say something funny?

Marcus:" You silly, I was teaching her how to dance because she wanted to impress you!"

My jaw dropped! So that's why she was thanking him.

What a relief! That means we can still be together... kind of...

Marcus:" Martinus, you do understand that she's still waiting for you, right? I mean, after what you just did, I don't think she can forgive you that easily!"

Oh boy...

I just ruined everything.

She wanted to impress me! That means she likes me too!

But now what!?

Oh Martinus, you're a jerk...

....

Oh la la drama :) Hope you're enjoying this story! 💓