Part 27: Please?

Maria's pov/

I was in my room, staring at the ceiling like usual because I have nothing to do in my life anymore, when someone threw a rock against my window.

To be honest, I knew this must be Marcus. He is probably going to say that I need to give Martinus another chance and forgive him. But guess what? This will never happen.

I do believe in second chances, I just don't think everyone deserves them.

Anyways, I went and opened the window because if I didn't, Marcus would probably break it and my dad won't bother himself to fix it.

Marcus was standing in front of my house with a guitar, and he wasn't alone. Martinus was with him! Great!

Can't this boy just leave me alone? I have bigger problems in my life...

He gave Marcus a strange look and I didn't know what it meant, but it has to be related to the guitar. And suddenly, both of them started singing and playing their instruments.

I have to admit the song was amazing! The deep meanings hidden behind every word made me lose and find myself at the exact same time. I felt like every line made me stronger, turned me into a powerful girl and made me unstoppable!

Was it because of the purpose of the song? Or because of the person singing it?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they must be felt by the heart.

I have never been so confused in my entire life. I wanted to close the windows and not listen to the rest of the song, but I felt paralyzed. I just couldn't move. My heart skipped a beat while listening to this amazing piece. And the best part is, that it's dedicated to me.

I closed my eyes and started thinking about everything that I have been going through. Lola, my parents, Martinus, myself.

I finally got it. I finally understood.

Every thought was a battle, every breath was a war, and I didn't think I was winning.

But now, I know exactly that this person standing in my backyard, will make me win this fight and come out alive! And I felt that I became unstoppable!

When the song was finished, they both looked at me with their curious chocolate eyes. I knew exactly what I had to do.

My depression and sadness were the reasons why I was hiding my feelings and running from the truth. But I can't live with lies anymore.

I closed my window and ran downstairs.

We need to talk.

We have to talk.

I want to talk.

I need to apologize for being stupid, for being emotional, for being annoying, defeated, broken, imperfect...

I want to apologize for being me.

I opened the door and saw them. It's time to face them! They were leaving but my echoing voice stopped them:

"Wait!"

As soon as I said this word, I fell on my knees and tears started to run down my cheeks. Why do I have to be so weak?

Martinus came closer to me and gave me a hug. I told him while chocking on my own words : "Don't leave me!".

He whispered in my ear: " I won't", and he pulled me closer to him.

Marcus then took my hand and wiped away my tears. Strangers were standing around us and although that was annoying, I didn't mind it. It was a great feeling! I had even no idea what were they doing in my backyard.

But that didn't matter. I didn't let go of Martinus. I need him now more than ever. I smiled at him, but couldn't say a word.

He kissed me on the cheek and said: " From now on, everything will be fine. No one can hurt you anymore, I got your back!"

If only I could go back in time... I wanted to live this moment twice.

I tried to speak, but I couldn't. My heart started beating so fast, I became sweaty, I literally became paralyzed, I heard Martinus calling my name, shaking me. I felt cold, I felt pain.

Everything was a blur.

Everything went black.

Why do I feel like i'm carried away?

Martinus, where are you?

You have just told me that you will never leave me.

Did you break your promise this time too?

...

Cliffhanger😱 Sorry😂