Part 16: Showing me around

I went with the boys to their studio and it was so interesting. I got the chance to meet their dancers, their producers and the songwriters I will be working with.

I felt excitement for the first time in my life.

What really surprised me was that Marcus became so nice and kind to me, and it turns out he was the one who suggested the idea of me joining their team. I wanted it to be Martinus though, but nevermind, the important thing is that I'm one of them right now and I couldn't be happier.

I was talking to one of the dancers when suddenly Martinus came and smiled at me. He was wondering if I liked the studio and insisted that if I needed anything, he'll always be there for me... you know so I can write my songs in a comfortable place.

I wanted our little conversation to last forever, but he had to leave because Marcus was calling him. And slowly this peaceful smile that was lighting up the place disappeared so I knew that he left the studio.

But a couple of minutes later, I checked my phone and saw that Martinus had texted me. He had sent me his adress and wanted me to join them for lunch today, so that his family meets the new songwriter also known as me. I replied with a "yes" and went back home so I can prepare myself.

What's better than spending your afternoon with your new friends, and mostly with Martinus?

Wait do I like Martinus?

I don't know. I don't know how liking someone feels. Because I never liked someone, and no one has ever liked me...

Martinus' pov/

I have to admit Maria is really fun and it feels cool to hang out with her. Our afternoon was amazing because she joined us for lunch, and it turns out we have a lot in common. Marcus had fun too I can tell, and our parents thanked Maria so much for what she did. Every time they complimented her, she blushed. She's really cute when her cheeks turn red.

I didn't want to say goodbye to her, but she had to leave because it was getting late.

"Your parents are probably starting to get worried. Do you want me to walk you home since your house is next street?"

"Thank you, but no. I should probably get going."

I don't know why but she seemed annoyed after I said that. Did I say something wrong? All I wanted was to walk with her because it was getting dark and I don't want her parents to be worried because she's in safe hands.

But I don't think that's the problem. What else could it be?

Maria's pov/

I was having so much fun at the boys house. But then all of a sudden, my smile just disappeared. When I was preparing myself to go, Martinus mentioned my parents. He thought they will be worried about me.

If only he knew that my parents are spending their whole life in their office working and not caring about me, nor Piper. If only he knew that they probably don't know that their daughter isn't at home although the sky is pitch black at the moment.

Sometimes, I break the rules on purpose, because I want them to know that they have a daughter that really needs them, that wants them by her side.

I mean just this morning I wanted to tell them that I became one of Marcus and Martinus' team. I wanted them to be proud of me, because I am perusing my dream despite the fact that I'm the joke of the school, that I get a lot of hate and still I manage to turn out alive.

I'm sure Martinus didn't mean to bring so much devastating memories on my head. His intention was good I know it. So I just refused politely and went back home.

All I want is someone that cares about me in this dark mean world, but is that too much?