••••

He waited. In the shadows of the dark, he sought out his best spot. A place where nobody would see him, where nobody would recognise him, a place where nobody would hear him.

His eyes were focused on the small house, its little set up which reflected her personality. With its small flowers and tidy exterior.

He wanted in.

But her car wasn't there, so his original plan to go up and knock on her front door was quashed. He wanted to see the look of shock on her face, to see her lost for words. He wanted to play the cards close to his chest, but by doing so, it could also potentially backfire.

He rubbed his chin. Pulling out his phone, he dialled the number and waited until the phone connected.

"Anything?" He asked.

"Nothing yet. Bro why are you doing this?"

The man tweaked his head, unsure if his ears heard right. Why was he doing this? She stole years from him, her and that douchebag from the TV. So he wanted to take them back.

He was going to take them back.

"I have my reasons. Keep your eyes open. Don't screw this up."

The man on the phone sighed "I'm not comfortable-"

"Just do it!" He snapped before hanging up to avoid any more protests.

His patience were strong, 6 and a half years would do that to a man. He would happily wait all night if he had too. So when she failed to show up at 5am he knew she was with him.. And that is what made his rage build.

Escaping from his spot, he matched across the garden and pulled out a screwdriver, its purpose was now clouded as he popped it in the door and gave it a hard shoulder bump.

The door gave way, swinging back to clatter against the wall. The noise was loud, so he paused and waited for some kind of reaction from the neighbour or anyone who could have been inside.

Nothing.

The man stood in the door way, observing the room set out before him, before slowly creeping around the house.

He took in the cleanliness, the set up of the room and how it felt welcoming to visitors. But he wasn't a visitor, looking at the stairs, he wasted no time in scaling them.

One of the bedrooms contained nothing but a single bed. It's covers were folded on the bottom, meaning that nobody slept in it.

So he continued on.

The second stop was the bathroom and a small voice told him to go inside. So he did, standing on the bath matt, taking in the lined up bubble bath, hair shampoo, hair conditioner, soap and moisturiser.

The toothbrush holder was empty, cementing the fact she wasn't home and in fact had stayed out. The idea making his fists clench.

He picked up the conditioner and popped the lid, smelling it. He set it down and picked up the bar of soap, soothing his thumb over the engraved animal. He remembered this, she used to use it years ago.. The same brand. He now knew how she smelt...

Setting it down, he moved on to the last room.

Her bedroom.

The room was washed with soft colours, white and soft blues. He let his fingers glide over the Chest of drawers before stopping to open them. His eyes coming into contact with a range of colours, he picked up the jade lace fabric and smiled before pocketing the item.

Closing the drawer, he lowered his body to another draw where he found her satin nightdresses. Each with intricate detailing and screaming all kinds of expense.