For the both of us

Day 452.

The sound of the alarm beeping had me sighing as I reacted out and hit at it until it stopped. Sleep had evaded me hours ago, and rather than turn the annoying shrilling device off, I left it. Because nobody should wake the sleeping mountain beside me.

He grunts and curls his body around mine. His feet wiggling in a back and forth motion as he accepts the softness of the sheets under his toes. Something he's always done but I'd never noticed. Not until...

Not until I faced the prospect of losing it all.

I suppress my groan as his arms squeeze me a little too tightly, before he nuzzles into my hair and sighs.

"Morning Babe."

My heart pulls on its protective shield ready to face the day.

"Morning Handsome." I reply running my hand over his arms, feeling the hairs shift under my fingertips.

He presses a kiss on my shoulder, like he does most mornings. "Shall we just stay here for the day?"

I smile. "Now isn't that a thought."

"Hey, I'm my own boss."

"Oh, yeah.." I respond before snuggling back into him and stiffening at a new development this fine Tuesday morning.

"He's a sucker for those short shorts." He whispers tiredly.

"I bought one pair.. You bought the rest of the collection in every damn shade."

He chuckles, a sound that always warmed my heart, no matter what. "Okay, I'm a sucker for them. You look delectable in them."

"So are you going to keep poking me in the back or are you taking a shower?" I ask.

He pouts "I was hoping you'd take care of it."

"You're an addict."

"So are you. My vixen."

"Uh huh... Now drop those boxers and let's wake the rest of Vegas before work." I throw back.

I didn't have to tell him twice.

I stood in the bathroom, scrubbing my teeth whilst Zak finished in the shower, every so often for personal pleasure, I'd turn the tap on high just so he got a spurt of cold water from the shower

I stood in the bathroom, scrubbing my teeth whilst Zak finished in the shower, every so often for personal pleasure, I'd turn the tap on high just so he got a spurt of cold water from the shower. It causes him to gasp and go "Oooh!" Like a little old lady every time.

Simple pleasure..

Finishing up, I rinse my mouth and release my hair from its messy up do when Zak steps out. I watch as he wraps a towel around his waist and joins my hands in untangling my ever growing hair.

"I should get it cut." I mutter.

"No." He replies making me look at him. "I like the long hair." He adds twirling a piece on his finger before he begins lathering up his face with shaving foam.