Worship, not broke

My throat was 7 shades of thickness as my head lols back in the chair leaving me to look at the ceiling.

The stars were breaking through the tin roof, the air was cool and the chair I was sat on was hard... That's when I realise... I didn't have a tinned roof.

Pulling my head up, I try my make my eyes concentrate on the space around me, but it was too dark for me to see anything, just this hole in the tin.. That's all I had.

A dirty rag was tied around my mouth, digging cruelly into my cheeks leaving me to push my tongue against the fabric so that I wouldn't swallow my tongue from lack of room.

I felt sick.

And the thudding behind my eyes told me one thing...

It had happened again.

Staring down at my arm, I saw the dried blood on my elbow. When it all came back...

*~*

"Scream and I'll make you wish you've never been born."

I knew it was Gavin, from the cliché that left his lips. I shook my head making a throaty chuckle sound.

"Where've you been? I've missed you." He whispers into my ear making me mumble.

His hand loosens and my instinct kicks in.

I elbow his ribs and try to run for it when I'm tackled to the ground. His weight is on my body and I kick out and cry trying to escape.

"HEEEEL-"

His fist slammed across my cheek, stunning me into silence. "What did I tell you?! Don't scream! I didn't want to hurt you!" He hissed.

I struggled as he straddled my body, and cried out in pain when he pinned my arm out with his knee across my wrist.

"No, no I'm sorry!"

"Shut up. Just shh." He whispered stroking my face gently as he pulled out the syringe.

"No! Please! I promise I'll behave! Gavin please! Please! I'm sorry!"

"I'm saving you."

I let out a struggled cry when the needle hit into my skin, piercing through my skin and into my vein.

"This will help you." He soothed as the cool feeling rushed through my body.

"Please-"

"It's okay baby. I'm here to look after you now." He whispered as my eyes got heavy and I passed out.

*~*

My stomach felt like it was eating itself, then I remember that Zak's meal was the last thing I ate.

Zak..

I longed to be in his arms, listening to his snoring, the slight squeak from his nose after his surgery. The way his legs always tangled with mine and his foot always kicked out at mine as if he was telling me to move. How his long arms wrapped around me but once wasn't enough. He wanted me cocooned into him. How his fingers would hold my face.