Forgiveness is hard to give

Rooted.

That's the only way I could describe my body and emotions as I watch Zak stand over Hunter, swinging at him mercilessly. The sickening thuds Hunter accepts to his face, not finding the will or maybe it was strength to fight back.

He wasn't fighting back...

He wasn't defending himself. He was welcoming this. What if Gavin has sent him for this?

"Stop it!" I scream running out the door and gripping the back of Zak's shirt which is tight across the broadness of his shoulders "Zak stop it! You'll kill him!"

"–Fuckin...Piece... Of.... Shit!" He yells as he threw his fists. Some connected and some didn't, those ones I was glad for, because Hunter may have been dead if they did.

"Zak! Stop!" I shout grabbing his elbow and being projected forward by his swing as he tried again. I lost grip and tried to go for his arm again when pain erupted across my face.

I let out a scream as I fell back cradling my nose as wetness began to pour through my fingers.

This time Zak stops with the realisation that he had hurt me in that moment. His eyes were wide with anger, his mouth was in a wicked sneer and for the second time since knowing him, I didn't recognise him...

He drops Hunter instantly like a cave man would and came towards me, causing me to scurry to my feet.

"Mina I-"

"Stay away from me." I shook whilst moving around the garden until I was stood beside Hunter, grabbing his shirt. I pulled him up to stand beside me.

"You don't touch him again." I speak making Zak's top lip quiver as he glares at him. "Accept it or go?!"

"Fine!" He snaps before stalking into the house.

I turned to see Hunters bloody and swollen face. "Jesus Christ..." I whisper before dragging him into the house. I shut the door and push my back against in hoping to god nobody saw that display of violence.

Zak couldn't afford for that to end up across the internet. The show would fall apart and all he had worked for would evaporate. Nobody wanted a thug on their television sets...

Hunter sways on his feet, most likely dazed from the outbreak of violence to his face. So I guide him to sit down and look over his injuries. Bloody and swollen were the first two descriptive words I could use. Also a sheer fucking mess...

"Here." Zak spoke to my side handing me a damp towel. I snatch it off him and press it against Hunters face as he winces in pain. "It was actually for you." He adds.

"Hold that.." I whisper to Hunter. He takes it and gives me a slight glance before closing his eyes.

I take a breath and get to my feet before I turn and begin hitting out at Zak's arm and chest. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?!" I scream punching his bicep.

"WHAT?! HE SHOWS UP AND I'M SUPPOSE TO STAND BY YOUR SIDE! FUCK THAT!" He yells back in my face.

"YOU DON'T KNOW IT WAS EVEN HIM!"

"I'M TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!"

"AND HOW DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT INSIDE COUNTY JAIL OR PRISON?! YOU IDIOT!"

"I'M HERE NOW AND I STILL FAILED! LOOK AT US! Y- YOU COULD HAVE DIED AND I WAS BLAMING YOU!" He shouted back as emotion built in his face.