Confessions

"I beg your pardon?" I ask looking at him.

He opens his mouth to speak when it dawns on him that I'm not asking him to repeat it..

"Zak hi–"

"Button it!" I snap pointing the file in Megan's direction.

She raises an eyebrow at me before looking to Zak "I'm not being part of some low rent domestic. I want my fee."

Zak moved to get his wallet when I snatched it off the desk. "Don't you dare." I snarled "Don't you dare pay her before you've answered me. What. The. Fuck?!"

"Look. Mina,-"

"I said button it!" I shout.

"Mina please. The museum." Zak whispers.

I scoff "Right, because they are more important than this..."

"No-"

"Save it." I throw his wallet down on the desk and shove the file back into the chest of Megan as I head for the door.

"Sit down!" Zak roars from behind me.

The sheer volume of his voice and the deafening silence that follows has me turn on my heels to look at him.

"Please?" He asks in a quieter tone coming towards me. But before he can lay hands onto my arms, I pull away.

I catch the way Megan looks at him, like a pining puppy when the gears shift in my mind.

"Have you two fucked?"

Megan's eyes snap from Zak to me and back again.

I laugh "Of course you have!"

"Now listen-"

"Whatever Zak, I'm over this conversation already." I reply and open the office door.

I'm walking down the corridor when I hear him hissing my name and following after me. Seeing a tour group, I smile and weave between them. But it's too late for Zak who comes into their view. I look over my shoulder and smile seeing that he had been caught by a small mob. Giving him a little wave, I duck out the door and head away from the museum.

I walk for almost for blocks before I ring Ella. Upon her answering, I can hear Jackson crying.

"Come and get me and I'll give you a stress free afternoon."

"Tell me where you are.. Now."

I laugh and relay where I am before hanging up.

A car honks loudly making me look up from my shoes

A car honks loudly making me look up from my shoes. I grin seeing Ella clutching the wheel before pulling over.

"How much for a blowjob? Get in hooker." She giggles pushing open the door.