Preparation.

"Swing low, sweet chariot. Coming for to carry me home, swing low, sweet chariot, coming for to carry me home...."

My jaw trembled as I led on the floor.

I don't know how I got here, how the cable ties that bit my wrists were now gone and how I was led on a damp cold floor with my head on Gavin's lap as he sang to me quietly.

My eyes roll around looking for a clue when they settle on Hunter...

"Shut your mouth!" Gavin growled dropping the shovel to the ground and stepping over Hunters body.

I cried and struggled and eventually I began screaming again.

"I said stop!" He bellowed before rushing over to grab my face. He squeezed it tightly making me stop and look up at him.

"Don't. Test. Me."

"Fhuerh"

"What?" He snapped glaring at me as I tried to speak. Irritated, he pulls the gag off.

"I-I said. Fuck you."

The menacing look came into his eyes, but I didn't see it, until it made me wince.

I looked down to the needle in my arm. "N-no."

"Sleep... You'll feel better soon."

And then I was gone.

"G-Gavin.." I whisper looking at the blood from Hunters skull.

"Yes my love?"

I bit my lip as tears came to my eyes. I wasn't his love, I wasn't his anything!

"Please let me check on him."

"No." He replies tightening his arms.

I knew he would have some jealousy issues, I mean. That's why we are here. Like this.

"But we need him remember?" I ask hoping that he was telling the truth in some degree.

"Not anymore."

My heart sank at the prospect that Hunter. Renewed, rejuvenated, life changing, support working and soon to be father, Hunter was dead.

"Please? For me?" I ask.

"No."

"But I should be able too, if we are starting a life together? Right?" I look away from Hunter and muster up a smile to Gavin who's now in contemplation.

He ponders before nodding and letting me go.

I move slowly, not wanting to startle him into thinking it's a bad idea. Shifting off him, I crawl to Hunter and sit on my knees. My hands shake over him, unsure whether I can touch him or move him at this stage.

So I lay down beside him, looking at his face, perfectly rested, almost as if he's asleep.

He looked peaceful at least...

"H-Hunter?" I whisper reaching towards his hand. "Hunter? It's me, Mina. Can you hear me?"

"She devil. You're wrong. No! Evil! Get rid of her, I love her. Wrong!" I ignore Gavin's commentary and take Hunters hand and squeeze it gently.

"I am so sorry.."

I can feel the emotion welling up, the lump in my throat and pressure in my chest, but it dissipates when I feel a twitch.

"Hunter?" I ask as his hand gives mine a gentle squeeze.

"Uh.."

"Hey, hey it's me, it's okay." I whisper stroking the thick piece of hair out of his eyes. "How are you? Stupid question."