Small bridges

"Oh! My Goodness!" I moan slamming my hand down on the kitchen islands marble as my eyes clamp shut and toes curl.

"Oh that's it." Zak speaks in a quiet tone as I bit my lip.

"Yes!!"

"Mina, keep quiet, I'm going to have my neighbours complaining." He laughs.

My eyes open to look out the back door and at the house opposite. "Oh I don't care. Keep going."

"You're enjoying this too much."

"You have no idea how much. There. Yes Zak! Yes!"

"Fuck this." He growls pulling me up, his arms lock around my chest and with a hard jolt, my spine clicks in several different places.

I cry out in relief as he lowers me down to the seat I had been on.

"Better?" He asks in my ear.

"I'm Jelly." I reply, letting my head fall against the counter.

For the past few days, we had stayed home. Hiding from Gavin, Hunter and quiet possibly the world. As we only ventured out when I went to work or when Zak had to stop at the museum, but either way, we were together for 95% of the time.

In order for us to sleep and be functional the next day, Zak suggested we worked out and whilst my mind went straight to the gutter, along with my new lace panties. He meant physically, lifting weights, doing squats and hiking.

Which is how I ended up with pain in my spine and no real way of relieving it. Until now.

"You're telling me, all it took was me jolting you, to ease all that pain?" He asks rounding the island as I sigh with a gentle nod. "Hmm, so can I use the bag of peas now?"

"Absolutely. Hell, use me too if you want."

I hear his deep laugh and eventually pull myself upright, to give him my own grin.

"I'll save the peas for dinner. I'm making us a smoothie."

"G-great." I reply forcing a smile.

"Hmm, I know how much you enjoy them."

"Absolutely.." I hate them. "I'm gonna take that shower now, so put mine in the fridge please."

"Sure thing babe." He grins turning his back to me.

I'd hate for him to find out that I was going to wash it away down the sink the moment he was busy..

I know he meant well, and it was heartwarming, but I couldn't tell him how sometimes it tasted of rotten cabbage or how the bits would stick to my teeth and I'd spend countless amount of time rinsing my mouth until I felt my smooth pearly whites again.

After taking a hot shower, I changed into a black skinny jeans and one of his haunted museum shirts. The size was a little too big for me, but I knotted it at the side and folded back the sleeves to give it a little edgier look.

Walking back to the kitchen, I found a stack of pancakes with syrup running down the edges.

"It was an M but the heat made it all run." Zak spoke.

"You didn't have to-"

"Please, I know you hate those smoothies." He chuckles.

"Well I- I wouldn't say hate cause that's a strong word..."

"You hate them. I know it. So eat up." He gestured to the plate before eating his own.

I was engrossed in eating mine, as well as the strawberries and cream he had set aside on another plate. I didn't know Zak was watching me until he rose over the island and swiped the cream off my lip and stuck his thumb into his mouth. "Even sweeter."