Pass on my message

When faced with death, they say your life flashes before your eyes. That the best memories are picked out and displayed before you in some motion sequence, like a time reel or some poorly dubbed video labelled 'This is your life.'

But when mine played one man had taken hold of it all. One man and two little dogs.

From the moment I pulled Bailey out of his box, to the moment Zak walked into the café, to meeting Gracie, our first time making love and right to our laughter at breakfast.

It was beautiful. Fun and filled with love. It was us, our little family.

I knew, like I had always known that Zak was more than a partner. He was the Ying to my Yang. I was the Peaches to his cream. The cheese to my pickle, the sun to my moon. The Sam to my Dean. Or more of The Dean to my Castiel (yeah I went there..)

He was my Dracula, I was his Mina...

It played in full colour, it played the moment the sunlight hit his eyes as he hovered over me as I tried to sunbathe, it played the hardness of his hands as he massaged my calves when I got cramp at night.

He had become my everything and to know I wouldn't be able to change the last words I had said to him, killed me.

He would always remember the way I stamped on his dream, the venom in my words and the spitefulness in my voice. He wouldn't know how I adored him, how much I loved him. I loved him so much, that I didn't want him to feel guilty for the words he said to me. I wanted him to be able to move on knowing that life just played out that way, that it was okay to love again...

But as I felt somewhat ready, to stop the fighting, to stop the sadness and pain I felt in my heart.

I came back down to earth. Hard.

"MINA GO!"

The gun going off reverberated off the walls, as Hunter yelled out and Gavin bellowed with anger.

But I froze.

I waited. It had to have hit me, it was aiming at me. It ha-

"GO MINA! RUN!" Hunter yells again, his face going red as he slams Gavin's arm down causing the gun to slide across the floor.

The men both start trading punches to the others face. The sound making me cringe as I run towards the door, wanting to run and never stop until I fell into Zak's arms. Pulling the door open, I go to leave when my conscious pulls me back.

I can't leave him.. Not now.

Turning, I catch Gavin landing a solid punch into the side of Hunter's ribs whilst his other hand grips at the broken skin on Hunters head, making him cry in pure agony. I know that if Gavin was able to get that gun, then Emily would be a single mom and Hunter had worked way to fucking hard to lose it all for me.

I run back into the room and go to grab the gun off the floor when I kick it away with my foot by accident. I cry out in annoyance and ignore the men struggling as I find the gun in the dim light.

My hands shake as I twist the gun around and point it at the two men as they fight, each of their punches getting harder.

But Gavin manages to get the upper hand, with a single punch, he stuns Hunter and begins beating him in the face. As Hunter tries to stabilise himself, his hand lands on the chair leg, which he grabs quickly and brings it down across Gavin's throat.