다섯

yoongi

"so when are you gonna join?"

"you ask me this everyday."

"just answer, it'll make me feel better. i need a distraction right now anyway, this shit hurts."

he sighed.

"it's what, november now? they said i'll join in january, when the new quarter starts. over christmas break, though, they get to have the fun of transferring all my grades into the teachers' records."

"when you get there can we be those cool siblings who hang out a bunch? i've always wanted to do that with you."

"same, yoongs, but you're a junior and i'm a senior so i might not see you that much, you know?"

i sighed.

"yeah, i know."

ding!

ding!

i woke up to my phone going off. i groaned and sat up, blinking my eyes a little. i grabbed my phone off my nightstand and unplugged the charger. when it turned on i realized something: it's saturday. then i also realized something else: it's 3 o'clock and there were texts from jimin, but that didn't matter.

wait.

texts from jimin? what could he want?

it was true that my crush on jimin was fatter than the most obese person in the world, but i thought if i down-talked jimin and tried my best to hate every part of him, it would work. that is until every study hall, where he practiced english with his friend taehyung. and since study hall was normally quiet, all efforts to hate jimin stopped there because when jimin spoke in english (most of the large study room being able to hear him, sadly not only me), he had the most adorable accent that could be produced by a human being.

jimin:
hi yoongi!
how's your day going so far?

stop being nice to me, i'm trying to hate you and your perfectness.

me:
well, my sleep /was/ nice until i was woken up by my phone dinging.

jimin:
i'm sorry hyung >.<
you can go back to bed now if you want, i'll stop bothering you

my jaw physically dropped when i saw that message. was this really the jimin from my school who was always confident and funny?

me:
no it's fine, i just don't like being woken up.
how's your day going jiminie?

jimin:
jiminie? surprisingly never heard that one before
but it's been good hyung, i'm really bored though

oh shit. i'm literally texting and i still managed to make a mistake like that?

me:
can i keep calling you jiminie? i like giving people nicknames, it's not personal. my friends have them.
i call namjoon joonie and hoseok hobi
unless it makes you uncomfortable?

i'm lucky to be actually decent in conversation, or this would be a pretty awkward exchange right now.

jimin:
no it's ok hyung, i kind of like it actually
anyway, since i'm bored, do you wanna start on the packet over a facetime?

me:
sure

i immediately went to his contact and facetimed him without thinking. then when the camera reflected on me when it began ringing i realized that a didn't have a shirt on. when the connection said "connecting..." i immediately put my phone face up and rushed over the my dresser. i heard jimin say hello when i opened my drawer, desperately throwing shirts around looking for one that would also make me look good.

"yoongi~!" he giggled.

god, don't giggle. this is already hard enough.

"hey jimin!" i said loudly from across my room.

"uhm, where are you?" he chuckled.

i quickly grabbed a nice shirt that just said london on it with a picture of it, but it had a red and blue 3D effect. then i rushed back to my bed and jumped on it, causing my phone to jump too.

"right here! sorry, i had to go put a shirt on." i apologized.

"ooh~ you sleep shirtless, hm?"

there was a small silence and a few stutters from me before i spoke up, not wanting to get into anything like that.

"ANYWAY! the packet, are you still on the first page, number one?"

[time skip, 2 hours later]

"no way, a whole cake??"

"yes! a whole cake! they dropped it on my bag! and some of it got on my back! i was fucking furious, but it was actually pretty funny, i'll be honest. but yeah, that's how i met hoseok and namjoon, cause after that, they gave me brownies, so i was pretty cool with it." i laugh.

we had finished the packet about 30 minutes ago, so eventually it just led to us chatting.

"man, i wish i had awesome stories of how i met my friends, taehyung, but not really. our parents introduced us and we all got along well, that's that. sadly nothing exciting about us meeting each other."

i got a notification from jin, a text.

jin:
who are you talking to in there?

"what was that?" jimin spoke up about the buzzing noise from my phone with was probably a horrid, scary noise on his end.

"my brother texting me from across the hallway." i chuckle.

"WELL I DIDN'T KNOW IF YOU WANTED ME TO BUST IN LIKE THE PARENT I SHOULD!" i hear jin scream from across the hall, in his room, before hearing approaching footsteps to my door, it swinging open.

"so, who's this?" he asks sweetly.

i move over from laying on my stomach towards my phone to show jin jimin's face.

jimin waved. "hi yoongi's brother!"

"hi. so, what are you guys talking about, actually? if it's not about my good looks, it's not valid." jin says, sitting down next to me.

we all end up chatting for another 20 minutes before we hear the front door slam.

"fuck. yoongi, hang up." jin warns and looks me straight in the eye, my fear rising.

"uh, jimin, i need to go now, talk to you later." i say quickly, cutting him off.

"yoongi wai-" i hang up, hiding my phone under my pillow.

"BOYS! COME DOWN HERE!" we hear our mom yell.

me and jin look at each other, panicked, until we both stand up, and make our way out of my room, down the hall, and down the staircase, becoming more terrified with each step.

"yes, eomma?" jin says shakily once we reach the last step. he steps in front of her and i follow suit, standing next to him.

"your dad and i are going away for two weeks on vacation to japan, just letting you know. we leave tomorrow morning. don't go in our fucking room, we will know if you do. now when your dad comes home, don't fucking tick him off. got it?"

we both nod panicked but relieved at the same time.

"now, get out of my sight."