열여덟

hi, everyone. i'm adding this to let you know that the chapters im writing now (i write chapters whenever i have the chance, so not the next one) may be a bit sadder since im in a bad place right now. that also ties into i may miss updates from now on until further notice. have a good day guys and stay happy!

jimin and i just relaxed and talked for most of the day, adding jin into our boring schedule whenever he was free from his online courses. right now, we were all having a snack and chat at the breakfast bar in our kitchen.

"pluto is not a planet!" jimin argues, biting his banana.

"yes she is!" jin argues back.

"hold up," i put up my hands to try and silence the audience for my statement of utmost importance.

"why is pluto a she?"

"to me, pluto is a she. if she feels another way, she can tell me." jin huffs. jimin and i both look at him, thinking he's lost it.

"jin." i get up from my stool to walk over to him and grip his shoulder. "pluto is not a planet and does not have a gender." jin shakes off my hand, jimin laughing and almost choking on his banana, while jin was pouting with his arms crossed.

"jin do you speak english?" jimin asks, taking another bite of his banana.

"a little, why?"

"do you know what your hoodie says?" jimin points to the hoodie he was wearing, the one i took from jin's closet earlier.

"for the millionth time, i'm aware it says 'baby boy' and it is a pink hoodie! you don't know what i like!" jin tries to do a sassy hair flip.

"speaking of things you like, when was that meet up of yours?" i finish my cookie.

"saturday, you have 2 days."

"got it, hyung."

jimin and i were now just sitting on my bed, his back to my chest and him sitting in between my legs. his head was thrown back, resting on my left shoulder. i was playing with jiminie's cute yet manly hands while he was just laying on me. i planned to ask jimin about what happened when he spoke up.

"hyung—"

"jiminie—"

"oh, ani, hyung, you go first." jimin says.

"well, i think you should tell me what happened. like, why did you need to stay over?" his body somehow stiffened and also deflated at the same time.

"well, um..." he started to play with his hands, leaving me to rest mine on his thighs. not that i'm complaining. "the man who came to my house on tuesday—he's the reason." he takes a deep breath, and seems to be sorting out his thoughts.

"his name is jang jaeyeon, and he's my mom's brother. i don't like to call him my uncle. i hate him, because he's done some shit in the past that just... i don't know, can't get over, i guess. it's really disgusting and my parents are oblivious to it. i don't want to say what he's done, or what he does just yet. i just know i can't stand him." jimin ends his explanation quietly.

i take in all the information and get to thinking (or overthinking, honestly) with the little information he gave me. "did he hurt you?" i whisper, rubbing his thighs, also realizing the sun was just starting to set.

he goes red, and looks like he's about to cry, so i don't push him any further and just hold him in my embrace, bringing my arms to wrap gently around his small waist. "i'm so sorry baby." i kiss his head without even thinking about it.