스물일곱

watching jimin seamlessly act like all was fine in the world at school hurt me a little, i'll admit. he had a mask he put on for the students at school, but out of school he was a completely different jimin. i wanted jimin. i had jimin. and i gave him up just like that. because i thought it was better for him? no, because i thought he would do the right thing. and so far, i was right. but it had only been a few weeks. i still had a long time to trust jimin, and jimin alone.

my initial plan was to separate myself from jimin. just jimin. but my plans never seem to work out the way i want them to. because everyday while his friends were distracted, he'd go over to jin, hoseok, and namjoon and ask about me if i wasn't there. if i was there, he'd try to talk to me. i had to ignore him, and it became too much, so i sat alone all the time. no one to talk to or vent to, i couldn't involve anyone. no one deserved to be under jackson's fist.

jackson was also working on his plan. jimin rejected every single one of jackson's advances, thank god, but recently, he looks like he's beginning to give in. i wish i could pull him aside and tell him everything, but i can't. if jackson can get my number, he can get the school's security camera footage.

after school today while walking out, i saw jackson and jimin. jackson was flirting with jimin, and jimin didn't reject him like he had been, he looked tired of it, but didn't reject it. jackson gave me a glance as i walked past, eyes glued to them.

'i win' he mouthed.

i walked faster before jimin could turn around to see me. and he did.

"YOONGI!" i heard him shout, but i was already turning the corner and leaving the property. i was waiting to cross the busy street when jimin turned the corner too, and started running to me. jackson yelled for jimin to come back, but jimin obviously had other plans. "YOONGI! WAIT!"

i took my mask out of my bag and rushed to put it on. i was ready to cry around him, ready to let everything out to him, but i couldn't. after hooking it around my ears, the light said people on my side could walk across. i sped across the street, hoping jimin wasn't desperate enough for answers to follow me over. when i reached the other side, i looked back at where jimin would've been running from and saw him sitting on the ground on his knees, crying while jackson rushed over to 'comfort' him.

jimin accepted his comforting action.

i couldn't look anymore, now glad that my very obvious scowl and heated up face was hidden behind my mask. i didn't listen to music on the way home, i wanted to take in my surroundings, hoping they would calm down my mind. i decided to stop at a convenience store on my way.

i stepped and noticed the two people in line with snacks and drinks, the one at the counter adding in cigarettes too. i went to the back and got a coke out of the freezer, walking back to stand in line. when it became my turn, i put the coke down and took out my wallet, paying for it. i may have stared at the cigarettes arrayed behind the cashier a little too long as they rung me up.

"have a nice day." they hand it back to me.

"you too." i smile, but remember i'm wearing my mask and they can't see it.

"thanks." they move on to the next costumer.

i continue my walk back home, drinking about half of the bottle by the time i get home. i take a quick look at the name it had printed on it.

"what the fuck is a sehun?" i mumble.

i take out my keys and unlock my door, walking in on a scene unfolding.

"AHEM." i say loudly, catching their attention.

namjoon and jin look up at me from the couch, faces both beat red with a trail of saliva leading from the other's mouth to their own. "gross." i say, walking past them and straight up to my room to sulk while doing my homework.