열다섯

the next few days were quiet between jimin and i. if we saw each other in school, we didn't talk as much as we used to. actually we only talked if we were told to, like in partners or groups.

we didn't talk about the kiss, not even once. i really thought that there was something in that kiss, jimin sure is a good actor if there wasn't.

today was tuesday, and jimin and i would have to meet up at someone's house today, and actually work together because ever since the kiss, jimin and i stopped communicating—which meant we stopped working together at other times to finish our packet early.

jimin approached me near the end of science, other students also up and conversing.

"hi hyung!" jimin smiled. it didn't reach his eyes though. must've been another show.

"hi, jimin." i say not bothering to look up at him.

he has a sad aura around him now, no matter where he was or who he was around, he always seemed to bring a cloud of gloom over his head.

"so, um, who's house?" he asks awkwardly.

i go over pros and cons.

pros of my house: jin and i.
cons of my house: my parents.

pros of jimin's house: his parents, his brother, a friendly atmosphere.
cons of jimin's house: literally nothing.

i tell him the obvious winner. "yours."

he nods, then the bell rings and i leave before he can say anything else that might piss me off. after the kiss, my temper got shorter, mostly because jimin leaving me hanging like that still happened when i thought it couldn't. he left me hanging without a kiss before. now he left me hanging with one.

we walked in silence to his house, trying not to look at the other's face trying to find some hint of what was going on inside their head. we eventually arrived at his house, going in quietly and going up the stairs immediately, planning to avoid his perky parents that, right now, would only make the tension worse.

we got into his room and sat down on his bed, taking our bags off and unzipping them, taking out our science binders, still emotionless towards each other. jihyun passed in the hallway, giving us a weird look before heading downstairs. he has definitely noticed our new behavior towards each other, and was probably blaming me, because, well, brothers are supposed to defend each other no matter what. i can understand that.

we got to work on the packets, and we were doing good. well, i thought we were until i looked over for a few seconds and saw jimin writing down the same sentence in english.

'why did i do that?' over and over in the margins of his paper. i didn't know what it meant, but he looked sad when he was writing it.

"what does that mean?" i ask pointing at the words.

he hesitated. "nothing, just... you know, like, random words." he shrugs.

when there was a knock on the door maybe 30 minutes later, i got up to go get it. i don't know why i did, but jimin didn't try to stop me. i lazily stepped down his stairs, and the person knocked again. i roller my eyes in annoyance, this person was already on my nerves.

i twisted the knob and found an older man standing there. "hello?"

he gave me a tight hug and i couldn't wiggle my way out of it, he didn't smell nice either. "hiya jimbles!! you've sure changed a lot since i last saw ya!"

jimbles? he thought i was jimin?

it only took a few seconds before jimin was running down the stairs and tried to rip the man off of me. "what are you doing here?!" he asked harshly, putting his hands on his hips.