chapter 20

It was the last day underwater for Shizuo and now he was finally returning to the  land. He had to leave and here grandfish was all teary like he was actually dying or something.

Hero gave him a stone which was a type of messenger that worked underwater.

Grandfish had grown fond of Shizuo and this seemed to be the only option to make him untangle Shizuo from his long tanticles.

"Make sure you call us sometimes, child or else this poor old fish will die.", He had said in most emotional tone when he departed and Hiro, she was  happy that he was returning. She had given him lots of  advices regarding,  "how to confess to humans and saves", and honestly Shizuo was grateful for that.

He wondered what will everybody ask of him when he will return. And above that he was planing to tell Izaya about it.

He felt like it was the time to cut the chase short.

So he was swimming towards the coast when he heard someone screaming and then pearls fell into water right infront of him.

He gave those pearls a baffled look. He knew they belonged to him. So he grabbed them and resurfaced just to find flea dancing and screaming like idiots alone on the beach.

Shizuo found himself at six and sevens but before he could do anything he heard the screams changing into laughs..

. There we go again, he snorted....

Izaya was having a mental breakdown and he had to stop him. Or else god know what he will do. So he stepped up and switched  to his human form. Izaya was so into the crack-up that he didn't see Shizuo at all.

"Whose fault is this?", He had asked and Shizuo had no idea what he was talking about. He cut the distance between them and neared him. Izaya had no knives with him nor did he move an inch. Shizuo smelled alcohol.

"You'r drunk go back.",He said while taking out Izaya's fur coat from his bag and putting it over his thin body. And then he heard sobs.

Small and barely audible but yes Izaya was crying.

"Now why are you crying?", He said rubbing the back of his head hoping that he wouldn't have to actually carry him to hotel.

"Give them back.", He said raising his head in front of Shizuo. His eyes were bloodshot.

His cheeks were rosy and he looked...

Beautiful....

He could watch Izaya crying all night but in that case he would get sick so he sat down in front of izaya .

"What?",  He asked. "Common. I'll give you a piggyback ride to the hotel.", Izaya didn't move and stood watching him with no emotion.

"You are not one of them?", He asked. Shizuo didn't get a least bit of what Izaya had said but he tried to play along and nodded.

Izaya forwarded and got up on his back. Shizuo grabed his thighs and told him to hold tight. The sky was dark but the night was beautiful. Just like Izaya on his back.

The buildings and skyscrapers were lit. Those pretty lightings and the hustle bustle, he had missed it all. The streets and the people in them were suddenly so important to him.

He didn't understand at first but later it was just the love for once being in their kind. Even he wasn't a human but that didn't mean he was a full merman  either.

He was on the boarder line. And he chose to stay with humans. Love humans and die in humans. There was a smile on his face. The huge hotel was in his sight when suddenly Izaya moved.