I Hate Memories

*Hola! This chapter is just like a small snippet of her memory, so it's really short. Sorry! The chapters WILL get longer, I gaurentee it!! Well, anyway, fan, vote, comment, share, all of dat stuuff. Enjoy this little snippet, it kind of explains a couple of things. The side picture is six year old Karai! She's so cute!!! Wellp, enjoy! See yall later!! (Idk why I said yall, just go with it.)

~Stephanie ;)*

(Dream/memory)

"Come on, Rioi nii-san! There's a village!" I yelled as I dragged my older brother's hand and dragged him to the entry way of the nearby village of sand. he just laughed.

"Slow down, Karai. We are right here!" I smiled at my brother's comment, but continued to pull him further. Though, once we entered the village, I regretted it.

Right in front of us, there was the demon spirit of the sand, the Shukaku. My brother stood in front of me, protecting me. I noticed a red haired boy, with an odd scar on his forehead on the Shukaku.

"Shukaku! I will defeat you!" An auburn-haired man yelled, rising on some sand, which looked oddly like gold.

"Karai. Stay here, I'll help that man. Then we can stay here, it'll be our new home. Just like we planned okay?" I nodded, and he ran off, summoning water to carry him up to the man's height.

They battled it out with the Shukaku, and the older man was about to kill the younger boy on top of the Shukaku. I clasped my hands over my mouth and closed my eyes, not being able to watch as the young boy my age was about to be killed.

"No!" I heard my brother's voice, and opened my eyes, he stood in front of the young boy on the ground, and was shoved on the ground with the kid.

"Fool!" Yelled the kid. Sand gripped my brother's throat, and choked him, much too tight for someone who's not intending to kill.

"Stop, please!" I yelled, running over to my brother. Though, two kids, close to my brother's age stopped me.

"Nii-san!" I yelled, as the kid's sand engulfed him.

"Run." He managed, as he took his last breath, then was crushed by it. I stopped struggling against the other kids. I just stood there, my six year old sadness growing deeper. I then let out a scream, and the whole place shook.

"Temari, Kankuro! Grab your brother! Follow me!" Yelled the older man. They did so, but I held onto one of them, and wouldn't let go.

"Daddy!" She yelled, as she struggled. Temari... My mind sang.

I screamed louder and harder, hearing explosions and rushing water, until I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~

I awoke in an extremely nice house, for sandstone and a chain reaction of "natural" disasters the day before. Sitting at my feet was the boy from the day before. I scrambled backwards, alarmed. Next to him, were his siblings.

"You need to leave." The red haired kid stated, emotionlessly. It was almost cold, but there was a bit of welcoming in his voice. But I ignored it. How could he be good? He killed my brother.

"Gaara....that's not a good-"

"Temari." She was cut off by the other boy. He had light brown hair, and pleasant features.

"You nearly obliterated this village. You-you must leave." The girl, Temari, stuttered. I nodded, and got up from the couch. I started to walk away, until sand wrapped around my ankle. I got angry, and it turned to water as it touched my skin. I turned back at them, and thought horrible things for all of them. Though, lucky for them, the only thought that came true was the stuffed animal the red head had, Gaara, caught on fire, and burnt.

I turned around, walking at first, then picked up to a faster pace and started to run as I promised myself never to return for as long as I lived. For as long as I carried my brother's will with me.

________________________________

A/N: Yah, I know, sorry, its really short!

Anyway, just wait a bit for the next chapter, and that'll get things a' rollin! Just ignore my social awkwardness plz. Thanks for readin!