I Travel Into The Mind Of An Uchiha

*Hey guys! So here's the next chapter, it's a little later than usual, but I am still dilivering! I wanna say thanks for reading, and thank you so much for the votes on this story, you have no idea how much each vote and read means to me. The picture is Karai, as usual! Enjoy!

~Stephanie ;)*

For some reason, it took a while for them to get Gaara. I didn't know why I asked for them to bring him here, he was just good company. Great company, in fact. I chuckled. Apparently, almost a year ago, I hated his guts. But now, he's kind of like...I'm not sure. But I don't hate him.

"What's so funny?" Shikamaru asked. I gave him a warm smile, which he reacted surprised to. I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Memories, I guess." I laughed. Man, did dying suck.

"Karai..." Sasuke started. I turned to him, unknowing of what he wanted. For once, his expression was unreadable. Even to me.

"I want you to look through my memories of this past year." It struck me a little oddly, but I did as he asked. Though, it was a whole year, and I was in a weakened state.

"Can you come here, then?" I asked him, sitting up a bit. He did as I told him too, and he even kneeled down. I put one hand on each side of his head, and I closed my eyes.

~~~~Memory~~~~

Sasuke was in his room, and I remembered the day. It was the day I came to Konoha, that first day that got me to this point. He was sitting on his bed, debating something.

'Karai...why did you come back? I still don't know how I feel...and I told you not to. But when I looked close at you...there was a certain pain in your eyes when you looked at me, and it broke my heart. Does that mean that I have feelings for you? Why did you have to come back!'

His thoughts were very surprising, yet they weren't very. He stared at his wall, seeming to have an argument with his own self.

'Okay, I'll see. I'll only see. If she's the same...then I do have feelings. But if she's changed...if she's different from before...then I don't have any feelings. Maybe, just maybe friends. But other than that...I couldn't. I can't.'

I mentally sighed. He based this off of the fact of my appearance when I first saw him. Yes, I was older than him. But I was fourteen. People change within two years. He was desperate to want to know that I hadn't changed, that's why he decided that. But I had. I had changed so much.

Just then, I appeared in is room, on his bed. He mentally smiled, and I just smiled.

"Karai." He said. He said it, liking the sound of it from his mouth.

"Why are you here?" It seemed emotionless from his mouth, but he really meant it at heart. He thought I hated him for making him leave. He regretted it every day.

"You're sulking, Uchiha. I thought I told you to stop doing that." He loved the memory, and remembered it perfectly. He knew that I would always be able to see though his mask.

"I was seven."

"But I wasn't. The older are wiser. You should know I take promises very seriously." He scolded himself, stupidly forgetting about the promise. But he couldn't voluntarily break his mask, he was testing me.

"You should know I was lying." He wanted to punch himself in the face for that comment.

"And you should know I don't care." The tone I said it in scared him, making him think that I was different, feeling the actual coldness in my voice. But once I softened it, all was right again.