Losing An Eye As I Talk With The Kazekage

*Hey guys!! Updates, whoo! 

Sorry, this one's a bit short, I'll try and make the next ones longer. But hey it's here!

I want to thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!! As always, the picture is of Karai.

Remember tooo..... vote, fan, share, and comment! It means so much.

~Stephanie;)*

After what felt like hours of waiting, Gaara finally showed up. I was freaking out in my head. Why had I asked for him? Dear Kami I was delusional, wasn't I? Was I sleeping? I counted my fingers. Ten. I was awake, alright. Sadly.

"Sasuke, Shikamaru, do you mind if I talk to Karai alone?" They nodded, and left. But not before Sasuke gave me a 'Please forgive me' look. I just ignored it.

Gaara sat down where Shikamaru had been, and I carefully turned to look at him.

"Why did you want to talk to me alone?" I asked, still a little bit sensitive, and almost about to cry.

"I wanted you not to hate me." I sighed.

"Gaara, I don't-"

"Please. I would just like you to know that I was confused back then. My young life wasn't the brightest of them all." I smiled, understanding what he meant. I sighed again, and put my hands out.

"May I?" I asked, with that rare warm smile on my face. He nodded, and kneeled next to my bed. I did the same thing I did with Sasuke, and the memories started when he was six.

They ended when he was twelve, after he fought Naruto. His mindset was so different, and confusing, that I barely kept up with it. I wanted to wrap him in hugs and gummy bears. I mean, everyone loves gummy bears. I also wanted to give him something to make up for me burning his old stuffed bear...

I pulled away, opening my eyes. Though, I kind of wished I kept them closed. Because in a matter of seconds, a couple tears ran down my face. I gave him that warm smile again.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, so close to inaudible, I thought he didn't hear it at first. But I realized he just barely did when he nodded, and sat back in his seat.

"There is no need to be. It is all in the p-"

"That i-isn't what I-I'm sorry f-for." I stuttered. He looked up at me, confused.

"I'm sorry I d-didn't think that y-you w-were a person w-with actual s-sentimental f-feelings. I-I'm sorry I m-made you s-such a d-demon in m-my h-head." I choked. It was getting more annoying to talk.

He gave me the slightest smile, and I could see the relief in his eyes.

"I h-hope th-this isn't b-because I-" I was cut off short by a pain in my eye. I held it, feeling a liquid fall down my face. I knew I wasn't crying. I thought back to when I was thirteen. Damn.

"M-my e-eye!" I said in my normal voice. Which, for myself at the moment, was just like screaming. Why had I taken that kunai right in the eye?

"Nurse?" Gaara asked, very alarmed. She urged him to leave, and he did right away. I had my eye extracted while I was awake, because there would be a risk of my death if I was put under. Let me tell you, it's not the most comfortable situation to be in.

The lady put a little fluff ball-cushion thing on my eye, to 'stop the bleeding.' Like, seriously, are you kidding me right now?

She then informed Gaara, and only Gaara, might I add, with him being the Kazekage and all, that he could come back in, but not for too long. He did come back in, and he sat down where he did before.

"Well, I-I'll b-be g-going o-out w-with o-only o-o-one eye n-now." I smiled sheepishly, pointing to the cushion thingy on my right eye. He smiled at my remark.

"I'm guessing it hurt, especially since you are still awake?" I nodded. He didn't give me that pity look, which I was extremely grateful for.

"I w-want t-to sh-show you s-someth-thing. C-can I-I?" I asked, hating to speak. He nodded. I waved my hand towards myself, signaling to come forward. He kneeled next to the hospital bed, and I put both hands on the sides of his head. I then started to replay my life in my head, as well as Gaara's.

Starting from when I was happy with my parents farming, brother playing with me, us practicing jutsus in Ame.

Then going to where my mother and father were drafted to fight in some battle that didn't mean much to me. But before that, of course, doing the ten tailed ritual, planning to make me their legend, to make sure that I was strong. Because I was clumsy, and I couldn't live in a world of shinobi if I stayed the same.

Then when Pein-sama came to our door, and told us our parents had passed in the battle. Then taking us under his wing, training with him.

My brother, deciding to run, asking for me to come with him. He was the smart one. Knew that Pein was not doing us favors, just using us, or so he thought.

Going to Suna, losing my brother. Hating the siblings.

Then traveling to each village, Iwa, Kumo, Kiri, Konoha, then again to Suna. The jutsus I learned, the people I met, the hardships I went through.

But I also showed him my brother. That small amount of time ago in Ame, when he was in that prison cell, gone mad. I showed him the Akatsuki, and my troubles with Sasuke. I showed him everything. Which, believe it or not, included the two years I spent traveling time. From fourteen to sixteen.

When I ended, he seemed like he wanted to jump out the window. Then he collected himself again, and had that more professional feel.

"That...that is so horrible. I am truly sorry." I nodded. I smiled again, that warm smile that didn't seem too rare anymore.

"I-I wanted s-someo-one to k-know m-my life b-before I-I left." I said. I didn't know why I kept talking. It was such pain, and I wanted to throw my extracted eye at the wall. But come on, that would just be gross.

"Well, now I can pass it on as your legacy." He reached for my hand, and encased it in both of his. I felt happy. Still on the verge of tears, but happy.

"I d-don't w-want t-to g-go, G-Gaara." I admitted, feeling a tear slip. He held my hand tighter, and nodded.

"I know. And you won't, okay? I promise." I winced at the word promise.

"D-don't m-make promises y-you c-can't keep." I said seriously. He nodded.

"I don't." I smiled, appreciating the comfort. I hadn't really had any comfort.

"Th-thank y-y-you, G-g-gaara..." I said, trailing off as everything around me turned black.

_____________________________________________________________________