I Leave The Giant Sand Castle I Call Home

*Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated, I hate to use excuses but I've been writing other stuff and blah blah blah

(check out my other stories, mate ;)

AANNYWAYYY

I want to thank you so much for reading! And I really hope you enjoy this chapter, and I promise, I will update more often. Thanks, enjoy!

Oh, and the picture is Karai as always.

I don't own Naruto. Just thought I'd fit that in here somewhere.

~Stephanie ;)

Gaara's P.O.V:

She thanked me, then I heard nothing from her, only slow, slow breathing. Her eye was closed. I looked to the nurse.

"What happened?" I ask her, a little alarmed. She looked at her clipboard, then the monitor.

"I need you to leave. Just for now, please." I hesitantly sighed and nodded, getting up out of my chair, and kissing her hand before I left. I didn't know what it was, her story made her even more likable. I just...couldn't bring myself to think she would be dead soon.

"Gaara! How's she doing?" Sakura asked me, very worried looking. For less than half a second, I glared at her, remembering how much pain she caused Karai. But as Kazekage, I couldn't let it bother me. I made sure my face was just emotionless.

"At the moment...I think not very well." Everyone's faces fell. It surprised me how much she impacted this group in less than a month. Then I turned to Sasuke, who looked like he was trying to hold up a ten story building.

I looked away from him, hating the thought. I sat down, next to my sister who had arrived here a couple hours ago.

"Why did she ask you in there?" She whispered to me. I sighed.

"She wanted me to know her and her past. She wanted someone who could understand to know...before she died." I stated. I could feel tears building in my eyes as I thought of her passing. She understood me more than Naruto did. There was that truth.

~~~~~~~~~~

A couple hours later, the nurse came back out. She had a small smile on her face. I stood up, and walked over to her.

"She wants to talk to you, Shikamaru, and Sasuke." She whispered to me, but loud enough so those two could hear. I nodded, and walked in, relief filling my heart.

She was smiling, and staring at the door. Well...more the people at the door. I sat down, along with Shikamaru. Sasuke didn't bother to.

"So. The only thing they did was make me live long enough for my healing to kick in. Oh Kami, did that hurt. But anyway, my healing did kick in. It's not working as fast as it usually is, but it's working. If I start screaming, that's my eye growing back." She laughed, and we all couldn't help but smile at her sense of humor.

"Hey, 200. You look bored, you know. I think there's something you need to do..." She said, growing an evil smile, and looking at Shikamaru, then the door, then back at him again. He grew a nervous look on his face.

"N-now?" He asked, shaking.

"Yeah, now! Come on, you aren't here forever!" She laughed. He took a deep breath out, and nodded, leaving the room. Sasuke and I exchanged a confused glance.