Soul Power And Shenanigans

Frisk runs over and hugs you, while Sans, Papyrus, and Temmie were relieved to see that you were alright.

Alphys asks "There's something that's been troubling me...why do you have that shield? Only the former royal scientist had it and he's gone."

You told her what happened, while excluding some parts, and she started shaking excitedly "It's like an anime!"

You smiled at her "Heh...Yeah...I guess so." Then you remembered something important "Excuse me Alphys..."

She looks at you and you put your hand on Frisk's head "They have been having some trouble controlling themselves...Chara is causing it. Can you help?"

Her eyes flickered a bit, with realization, when you said Chara, then she looks down full of uncertainty "I-I don't know...the last time I'd to help, it didn't end up well..."

You sadly thought (..She must be talking about the almalgamates...) Then tried to encourage her to make her feel better.

"Come on! Alphys! Use that big brain of yours! Surely, there is some kind of gadget or gizmo you have that could work?"

She thinks for a moment then her eyes lit up when she had an idea "There's one...but it hasn't been used in a long time. It was invented by the previous royal scientist."

She left to go get it then came back and held it up, up close it looked like an ordinary bracelet. "An anti-soul depressor...It is used to help little monster kids keep control of their powers. I've never used this on a human before, but hopefully it will work!"

Papyrus eyes sparked when he sees it and he energetically nudges Sans while pointing at it "SANS! DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAD TO WEAR ONE!? WHEN WE WERE LITTLE, YOU USED TO NOT BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR POWERS! AND YOU USED TO BLOW UP HOLES IN OUR HOUSE! WOWIE! WE SURE DID GET A LOT OF KNOCKING ON OUR DOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! DAD INVENTED IT AND IT HELPED-!"

Sans was blushing a small blue shade on his cheeks and he quickly covers up Papyrus mouth, so he wouldn't say anything else embarrassing. He lowers Papyrus down to his level and whispered to him "Papyrus! I thought we agreed not to bring that up ever again!"

(Did that really happen?)

...Oh yeah ...Boy! The complaints we've had...and some not so pleasant..

She puts it on Frisk and turned it on. You looked at them "Well, Frisk...is it working?"

Their eyes sparkled with happiness and they replied "I don't hear Chara anymore!"

You, Sans, Papyrus, and Temmie happily cheered. While all of you were cheering, Alphys notices yours and Frisk's phones sticking out of your pockets "Where did you get those phone? It's ancient! Hand me those and I'll upgrade them for you!"

You and Frisk handed your phones over to her "W-wait a second please!" and she runs off then comes back a few seconds later "Let me give you my phone number too...T-then...m-maybe...if you need help...I could."

She enters her number into both of your phones then hands them back "It can do texting, items, it's got a keychain...I've also signed you up for the underground's No.1 social network! Now we're officially friends! Ehehehe!"

You and Frisk thanked her "Wow! Thanks this is awesome!"

"Yeah thanks!"

She bashfully smiles then looks down "It's n-no problem." She nervously laughs "Heh...heh...Well I'm going to the 'bathroom'!" and quickly left through the sliding door.

You turned to Sans, Papyrus, Frisk and Temmie, and replied "You guys ready to move on!"

Papyrus energetically answers "WE'RE READY WHEN YOU ARE! NYEH HEHEHE!"

Sans grins and shoves his hands in his pockets "Yep!"

Frisk nods their head "Hmhmm!"

and Temmie vibrates wildly "Hoi! Tem is born ready! Boi!"

You remembered something and quickly went to get it. You walked over to Alphys's refrigerator and grabbed a pack of instant noodles.

(...I'm sure she won't mind...)

And quickly ran back to catch up with the others. While traveling through the hotland you came upon another sentry booth.

Sans sees it and smiles "Want to help me sell hotdogs?"

You replied "Yeah sure!"

Papyrus makes a disgusted face "SANS!,HOW CAN YOU WORK WITH ALL THIS...GREASE?! I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SIT THIS ONE OUT! I'LL COME BACK IN A FEW HOURS!"

He turns to get ready to leave when Sans makes an smug face "Oh, come on, Paps! You could use some-"

"DON'T SAY IT!"

"...meat on those bones!~"

Papyrus yells out in annoyance and runs away. You, Frisk and Temmie, smiled and snickered at his joke. While Sans was setting up the stand some monsters, hesitantly came over when they saw you and Frisk. You looked at the vulkin and other monster and smiled "How may we help you?"

The vulkin meekly answers back "We like two hotdogs please..."

Sans gets the hotdogs ready for them then hands one to the other monster. They excitedly took it and started riding on it like a witch's broom. He was going to give the other one to the vulkin but realized that they didn't have any hands. He smiled then put it on top of them then they both thanked him and quickly ran off.

You began to have an idea and smirked, Sans sees it and smirked also "Heh...What do you have in mind?"

Frisk and Temmie looked at you weirdly when you started to grab a bunch of dogs, then you started stacking them on top of your head. You enthusiastically shouted out "Hotdog stacking contest!"

Frisk started to stack hotdogs on top of their head full of determination. Sans started to help stack them on top of both of your heads until he couldn't reach anymore and replied "Hey I'll be 'frank' with you...as much as I like putting hotdogs on your heads. Thirty is just an excessive number. Twenty-nine, now that's fine, but thirty...does it look like my arms can reach that high?"

You tried to move slowly, but the hotdogs lost their balance, and came falling down one by one.

Temmie tries to cheer you up "Hoi! At least yous tried Boi!"

You looked at Frisk, to see that they still had all of the them on top of them. You walked over to them and raised their arm "Congratulations! We have a winner!" Sans grins then replies "Don't you mean...a wiener!~"