The True Lab

"C'mon, Gaster! You have to get checked out to make sure everything is alright. Even Alphys, said so!" You literally had to drag Gaster to the lab, but he was making it difficult.

"I'm telling you I'm fine! There's nothing wrong!"

You reached to knock on the door "Alphys! We're here!" but no one answered.

You pushed it opened and walked in "Alphys?..." She was nowhere to be found, then you saw a note lying on the floor next to the 'bathroom'.

You picked it up and read it "Hey, thanks for your help earlier. You guys...you're support really means a lot to me. But, as difficult as it is...you guys alone can't magically make my own problems go away. I want to be a better person. I don't want to be afraid anymore. And for that to happen, I have to be able to face my own mistakes. I'm going to start doing that now.

I want to be clear, this isn't anyone else's problem but mine. But, if you don't ever hear from me again...if you want to know "The Truth", enter the door to the north of this note. You all at least deserve to know what I did."

Worried, you shot a glance at Gaster "We have to go find her!"

*Warning! Warning! Elevator losing power! EM tether stability lost! Altitude dropping!

Groaning in pain, you got up and rapidly pressed the buttons, hoping that the power was still on, but it wasn't. You sighed with disappointment and looked at Gaster "Looks like were not going back the way we came."

He gets up and brushed himself off "Maybe, this is fate. You know...you're going to have to face Asgore, eventually. There is no point avoiding it."

"But, I don't want to fight him! There has to be another way!"

"Well, we're not going to get anywhere, by just standing here."

You and Gaster walked down an endless dark hallway, until a monitor flashed on. "Gaster, what's this?..."

He walks over to the monitor to look at it "It looks like Alphys's logs, I can hack into the system to bring up more files, if you want?"

"Go ahead!"

"Entry 1: This is it, time to do what the king asked me to do. I will create the power to free us all. I will unleash the power of a soul.

Entry 2: The barrier is locked by soul power. Unfortunately, this power cannot be recreated artificially. Soul power can only be derived from what was once living. So to create more, we will have to use, what we have now...the souls of monsters.

Entry 3: But extracting a soul from a living monster would require incredible power. Besides being impractical, doing so would instantly destroy the soul's host. And unlike the persistent souls of humans, the souls of most monsters disappear immediately upon death. If only I could make a monster's soul last...

Entry 4: I've been researching humans to see if I can find any info about their souls. I ended up snooping around the castle,...and found these weird tapes. I don't feel like Asgore's watched them...I don't think he should.