Session 32

Log_Lady: Hi guuuyyysss!! It feels really good to be back in the swing of things here. I've got Erik and Raoul here for discussion today, and I'll pull Gustave in when he has questions.

Erik: Hello everyone!

Raoul: Yes, hello! How are you all? It has been quite some time since I've heard from you.

Log_Lady: I guess we'll jump right in! We'll start out with a question from StitchedPrincess : "Welcome back Erik! ^-^ how've ya been? Things still hectic?"

Erik: Hello there Dixie!!! It is sooo nice to talk to you again! I missed you (and all of you lovely readers) while we were gone! I've been pretty well. Things are QUITE hectic, actually. Log_Lady can officially drive and owns a car now. She drags us all over everywhere in her escapades.

Log_Lady: Well I'm not just going to go alone

Raoul: I have a considerable amount of fun on our outings, worry not. *thinking happily of mall days and makeup shopping*

Erik: Also, the two of us have been studying Celtic music lately, specifically Irish fiddle tunes at the moment! Log_Lady is progressing...... *slight grimace* well..... she's progressing anyway. How have you been, mon amie?

Log_Lady: *scowls* I see. Well, the next three are from Emerald-hawk (whom I cannot seek to tag, perhaps because they've changed usernames since commenting). " 1.) Question for Raoul: How did you and Erik become friends? You guys sound like best buds..."

Raoul: When we both first arrived here, we couldn't stand one another. However, after spending time together in an environment less hostile than our previous, and seeing how well Erik was adapting and how much nicer he was getting, I decided it was time to stop hating him and start trying to get along. And here we are!

Erik: I'd still kill you if the others here didn't care about you so much, annoying fop.

Raoul: That's a lie and you know it. *pats Erik's shoulder and laughs genuinely*

Log_Lady: *calls to the next room* Hey Gustave! This next one's for you!

Gustave: *muffled through the door* Ok!! I can't open the door though or else the cats will get out! I'm trying to train them to play the drums in time to the music! Ask me through the door!

Log_Lady: Ok then....? Uh, @Wildkratts16AJ dares you to be Spongebob Squarepants for Halloween!

Gustave: Heck yeah!!

Log_Lady: And also Emerald-hawk has a question. "2.) Question for Gustave: if you could shrink to the size of Thumbelina (or a borrower, depending how you view it) for a day, would you? Think wisely..."

Gustave: *still muffled trough the door* I totally would!! Then I could live my lifelong dream and sleep in a sock!!! And every gummy beat would be life-sized!!

Log_Lady: There you have it, folks. "3.) Question for the favorite (Erik): What are your thoughts on the Susan Kay version of you?"

Erik: To be completely honest with you, I have not read the Susan Kay adaptation. I (and by extension Log_Lady) read a few pages of it, and found it quite depressing, so I decided to put it down and preserve my so-easily-altered mental state. I imagine, from what I've heard, that it is relatively faithful to true events?

Log_Lady: "4.) Have you ever come across Murin07's fan art of you on Deviant Art? It's how I automatically picture you when I read fan fiction."

Erik: Yes!! I absolutely adore that artist! They are quite true to reality. Also, their eye for detail never ceases to amaze me.

Log_Lady: Yeah, their interpretation is my absolute favorite. Next up we have one from Nalitie "Before I forget— if you make beer bread with beer and beer has yeast in it and yeast is a fungus... does that mean that beer bread is actually just fungus flavored bread? Then again, most bread has yeast in it, so is all bread yeast flavored? What do you guys think?"

Raoul: That is a lot of "breads" and "beers" and "yeasts". I quite enjoy bread, although I have to admit I've never been involved in the making of it.

Erik: That's an interesting question...... theoretically yes, all bread is yeast flavored. But by that logic, all brownies are made with eggs, and are all brownies egg flavored? And milk contains water, but I wouldn't call it water flavored. Macaroni and cheese contains butt-

Log_Lady: Hang on guys. There's one way to find out. *runs off to the kitchen and returns with a container of yeast and 3 spoons* Alright, let's have at it!

David Tennant: All sample the yeast, taking time for consideration.

Erik: It tastes.... vaguely like bread?

Raoul: This is gross.

Log_Lady: I think we need more data in order to properly answer this. All move to kitchen!

David Tennant: Several minutes later, the party is assembled at the kitchen table. In front of them are 3 bowls containing flour, sugar, and water. A loaf of bread sits off to the side.

Log_Lady: Alright, the thing to do is taste each of these ingredients, and then the bread, in order to determine which is the most dominant flavor.

Erik: Isn't this a bit extreme?

Log_Lady: We need to answer the question!

David Tennant: The experiment is conducted, and the party gathers again in the living room to discuss.

Raoul: The water is right out.

Log_Lady: Yeah, the sugar too.

Erik: Can we conclude then that bread gets its flavor from both the flour and the yeast?

Log_Lady: Yeah! Sounds about right! Well, this concludes our session! See you all next time, and thanks for asking!!

Erik: Goodbye, my friends!

Raoul: *waves and winks*

(Here is photographic evidence that I was actually driven to eat a spoon of yeast for this.)

)