Chapter 15

My eyes opened as the alarm clock on my phone rudely awoke me. Niall slowly opened his eyes and reached for my phone. "Go back to sleep babe, I'm just gonna get ready for school. The annoying beeping of my phone stopped and he laughed. "Nah, I'm driving you today." He smiled and I walked to the bathroom to get myself ready. I had a quick shower and put a French plat down the side of my hair. Niall looked up at me from his tea and smiled as I walked into the kitchen. "How do you do that?"

"What? Get dressed? Okay well first you..." He cut me off before I could finish, "Look so stunning? All the time."

"Come on, I gotta go." He got up and shook his head, "No, you need to have breakfast first. Especially since you have cross-country today." He walked over to the fridge and grabbed a big can of V. "How did you..?" He laughed, "Your phone had it on reminder when I turned the alarm off this morning." He turned around and put a banana muffin in my hand.

-----

I sprinted forward to the finish line; I could see Eli and Nicki standing on either side of... Niall? "Good job, you came third." A teacher handed me a card with the number three on it. I walked over to the table that had a sign on it saying senior girls. I handed over the card and looked at the sheet that a girl in my year had before her,

1st place: Nicola Stone.

2nd place: Aroha Samuels.

3rd place: Aleisha Parkinson.

"Nice job, you are allowed to go home now if you like." I nodded, exhausted, and quickly ran over to Niall and my friends. "What are you doing here?" I hugged Niall and he laughed, lifting up his Ray Bans and putting them on top of his head. "I'm gonna take you home. And this is why I got tired trying to run away from you in the hotel last time I was here. I said you were fast." He laughed, "Yeah well Nicola is the one that came fir..."

"Hello Aleisha." Connor's voice made me stop mid sentence. "What do you want Connor?" Eli said taking a step toward him. "Who's he?" Niall asked wrapping his arms around my waist. "Oh and this must be the supposed boyfriend. Well with all the talk about you two people had made it seem like you were upgrading." He looked Niall up and down, "Obviously not." He chuckled. "Connor seriously, just go jump in a hole before I put you in one myself." Eli said shoving him. Eli was really protective and I knew if he didn't stop he was going to hit him. "Eli don't, Niall doesn't need this kind of publicity. Let's just go." We all went to go back to our classes to get our bags and leave.

"Yeah Eli. I wouldn't want to have to hurt my best friend." Eli turned back and clenched his fists, "Let me make this very clear Connor. I am not your best friend, I will never be your best friend again. Not after what you did to Leisha. Her and Niall are happy together, he is good to her, not like you ever were. Now if you don't leave them alone just keep in mind... Aleisha won't be around all the time to stop me from pummelling you into the ground." He turned swiftly and walked back to us. "Thank-you." I whispered to him quietly and he nodded. "Wait, Eli. You're the one who videoed Aly singing Moments yeah?" He smiled and nodded, he was back to being the happy him. Connor always took that away. "Thank-you, I'm gonna send that video to Simon."

"Simon?! As in Simon Cowell???" Niall laughed at him and nodded. "Holy shit, Al!" Nicki yelled at me. "You're gonna be famous."

"No, no I'm not. Niall's lying he won't." He laughed at me and shook his head mouthing to them that he was. "Okay, but if you do get famous just don't ditch us okay? Cuz I know where you live. I WILL tell your mother." Eli said laughing.

"Nicki, if I get famous then I promise to 'discover' you and your god like dancing. And Eli I will make sure you will be my guitarist. Happy now?" They both nodded grinning.