Chapter 21

Light poured into the room as I took in my surroundings. White wash walls and faded grey blinds, can someone say depressing? "Niall?" A girls voice made me look at her, I hadn't noticed her leaning on the bed until now, she looked up at me with piercing green eyes and pink hair... Pink hair? Well that was a first. "I-I'll go get a nurse." She said and hurriedly out of the room. Wait what? A nurse? I looked at the bed and saw the word 'hospital' printed in a line across them. Within seconds the girl came rushing back in with a woman by her side along with a man in a white coat. "Mr. Horan?" He said and I nodded, "How are you feeling?" He asked looking me over.

"Fine... Why am I here?" I asked looking over to the pink haired girl, she was absolutely beautiful, but she looked like she was going to cry. "Don't worry Mr. Horan, it's completely normal to not remember the accident. We just need to ask a few questions if that's okay, just so we know how much of it you do remember." He smiled and I nodded, what the hell was he on about? Accident? What accident? He looked down at a clipboard the woman handed to him and she walked out the door just as four familiar faces walked in. "Guys." I grinned and they all hugged me at once. 

"Sorry boys but I do need to ask some questions just to know where we're at." The doctor said and the boys let go of me, I was glad to at least have them that I knew. "Okay, what is your full name?"

"Niall James Horan." I answered simply and he smiled.

"Date of birth?"

"Thirteenth of September 1993." He looked at the clipboard and nodded.

"Favourite colour?" He laughed, obviously joking but still I answered.

"Blue." I smiled and the doctor looked over to the girl who was standing next to him. She smiled and nodded, she was really cute when she managed to smile. She was cute either way, but for some reason when she smiled, so did I.

"What year is it?" He asked still smiling.

"2010." The smile was immediately wiped from his face and the girl took a step back, collapsing into a chair. An expression I wasn't entirely sure of washed over her face. Sadness? Worry?

"What is the last thing you remember doing?" He asked scribbling something onto the piece of paper before him.

"I had a milkshake and a brownie with these guys at the house." I looked over to my friends who all looked different. "What?" I asked looking at all of them, my eyes lingering on the girl, probably a year or so older than me.

"If you will excuse us I need to have a word alone with Mr.Horan." The doctor said as they all walked outside. Zayn wrapped his arm around the girl who had tears rolling down her face, I don't know why, but it hurt me to see her that way. "Are you sure that is the last thing you remember?" The man asked, capturing my attention again. I nodded.

"Before waking up in here, yeah. What's going on, why is everyone acting like that and what were you talking about? That accident or whatever? What happened?" The doctor set the clipboard down on the side table next to my bed and looked at me for a second.

"It seems you are experiencing some memory loss. It isn't too bad and you should get it back the more you spend time with your friends. But you were hit by a car about two weeks ago in a hit and run." His words made my heart jolt. "You are thinking that it is 2010, but it is late January of 2013." He said slowly, letting it sink in. He picked up his clipboard and left me alone to think about it.

"No Zayn! You don't understand, I could have done something." I saw the girl through a small window in the wall, she looked absolutely devastated. "I could have stopped it, maybe if I had left a little sooner, met him halfway, I could have text him to wait where he was! Something... anything." Her voice sounded shaky and Zayn pulled her into a hug. Her ling pink hair was pulled into a messy ponytail and Zayn kissed the top of her head. Was she his girlfriend? There was a knock on the door and Liam stuck his head in. "Can we come in?" He asked and I nodded. He entered the room, as did the other boys, but the girl stayed by the window. "You doing okay?" His thick accent made me smile after hearing the doctor's American voice explain things to me it helped to have something like home.