Chapter 16

Nicola's mouth dropped open, "For real?! Holy shit!"

"Yes, for real. But you guys have to keep quiet about it. Apparently he likes being dramatic or something like that. I'm not sure, but you have to swear you'll keep it between us." They both nodded and Eli across his chest. We walked out of the doors to our last period. "Ugh, can I ditch and come to your class?" I asked Nicola remembering that Connor was in my next class. "Why?"

"Connor is in my next class. Oh what a way to spend my last class of High School." She laughed, "Well then, we're gonna have to make sure you look super hot and then you can rub it in his face that you've moved on." She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathrooms. "You know, you didn't have this kind of mind last year..." She looked up at me as she adjusted my shorts. "I like it this way." She smiled and played around with my hair. "Okay, now that you're all sexied up we should probably go to class. There is about thirty seconds till the second bell."

"Right." I chucked my bag back over my shoulder and sprinted up the stairs to the science lab. I entered the room and quickly sat down,

"Ms Aleisha. How nice of you to join us."

"Well, I thought you'd miss me too much if I didn't come." I smirked, I wasn't the best at turning up on time. The teachers either loved me or hated me, Mr Robson being one that hated me. "Do you really think it is a good idea to be back chatting me on your last day miss?" I couldn't help laughing. "Probably not, carry on." He tapped on the white board where there was an equation. "Well, if you are so good you can come into my class late you must be good enough to solve this equation." I got up and took the marker from him. "You've written it wrong." I pointed out flatly, "And how have I done that." I pointed at the board and slightly at it. I rubbed out part of what he had written and wrote it again correctly and answered it. I put the marker down on his desk and took my seat again. "How is it that this young woman can enter the class late, not do anything until it is absolutely necessary and yet she still gets higher grades than anyone else?" He said looking at the test papers, he was a strange man. He completely hated me and yet he still used me as an example of what he wanted from the other students. Other than my not caring at all about the work and arguing with almost everything he said. He instructed us to get our test papers and everyone flooded to the front of the class while I sat and watched. "It's nice to see you still don't care about anything. Seems like you're finally back." His voice made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. "What do you want?" I stood up and walked to the front of the class to grab my test paper. "You."

"I suppose you think you're being witty or some shit like that." He laughed, god I hated that laugh. He made me stomach turn. Any time I heard his laugh it took me back to that night.

      ---1 year ago---

"Just do it already! You wanna kill yourself? DO IT!" I tried hard to keep the tears in, how could he say that? "Worthless piece of shit. You wouldn't do it. You're too afraid to, you act like you will, you wouldn't dare." I looked at the ground where the smashed glass sat. "Leave me alone Connor." I choked out. He looked at me and laughed, kicking me in the stomach. I dropped to the floor, laying there. My face inches away from the broken glass. I reached forward and took a shard, I set it to my skin and it sliced through it smoothly. The red blood trickled down the side of my arm and landed on the floor.

"Aly?" Marissa shook my shoulder and I was whisked away from my memories, I looked up at the clock, 2:58. "Uh, yeah?" I remembered that Marissa had spoken to me. "Are you okay?" She looked at me, my eyes were stinging but they weren't watering. "Yeah, was there something you needed?"

"Mr Robson asked me to get everybody’s tests back.”

"Oh, okay. Sorry." I handed her the booklet, "It's okay, thanks." She smiled and headed back to the front of the room. The bell ran through the school and everyone was immediately out of their classes.