Chapter 13~A New Beginning (Finding Gemma Part 1)

Edited by: Supermaaan14

After relaxing for a couple if days, Monday finally rolled around. Mum wanted to pack up our old house and move into our new one as soon as possible. She would be starting her new job in a week. So, we decided to do some work today.

All of our friends have been super helpful since they found out what happened. Demi and Niall made us dinner and deserts. Liam and his family were helping us financially while the Maliks were housing us. They were really hospitable. Demi, Niall, Zayn, Perrie, Tricia, and Liam were all going to help us pack and move in.

All in all, despite the mess of our lives, things weren't too bad.

Mum, Tricia, Zayn, Harry, and I headed over to the house early while the rest would meet us there.

We started with the kitchen since it would take the longest. Our house didn't have a lot of stuff and we were throwing a lot away as well. Again, the Paynes would be helping us buy stuff for the house. Mum was hesitant about accepting all their kind, yet ridiculously expensive offers at first, but they assured her that the only pay back they'd need was our friendship.

So, here we were in the kitchen, just packing things up.

We were all kind of paired up, working on different sections of the room. I noticed that Perrie seemed to be standing off to the side as Zayn and Liam worked and laughed together.

Demi was working with Niall. Although I think Niall was doing more eating than working. My mum and Tricia worked together super effectively. Mothers just know how to get things done.

And then of course, Harry and I.

The shameless flirting between Harry and I was exactly that. Shameless. Laughing, teasing, touching, squeezing. Verbal and nonverbal. We either wouldn't shut up or couldn't keep our hands off each other.

"Here," he said, winking at me as he handed me a glass dish. As I took it from him, our fingers touched. That alone sent electricity running through me.

My eyes wandered from our hands, to his chest, to his lips, and finally to his sparkling green eyes. A smirk came onto his face, knowing what he'd done to me. I raised an eyebrow and inched closer to him. Holding the dish in one hand, I ran my hand up his arm. He held my gaze as I then ran it down his side. Harry grabbed my hips and pulled me towards him. My fingers lightly touched his chest as he began to play with my waistband. I trailed my fingers down his chest and to his stomach.

"Shit!" I yelled, as he suddenly slipped his hand into my pants and touched my precious...You get the point. I dropped the glass dish, which shattered on the floor.

"LOUIS! HARRY! What are you doing?" Mum asked angrily.

"Um... we were just playing?" I gulped.

"Clean it up," she said, "And be careful."

I turned back to Harry. "You little bitch," I whispered.

He just smirked. When did he get so confident?

"Stay here and don't move," I told him. "I'm going to get the broom and dust pan to clean this up. No thanks to you."

"You know you liked it," he giggled.

"Ugh! Just stay here."

I carefully made my way to the closet where we kept our cleaning supplies. I had just grabbed what I needed when I heard a scream.

Realizing it was Harry, I rushed back. There he was with glass in his foot and blood dripping out.

"Harry! I told you not to move! Oh my god. Are you okay? Why are you so stupid?!" I yelled. My mum was already examining his foot.